Chapter 19

Jake stood infront of the apartment he was told where Raya is staying in, he took some time to catch his breathe as his heart felt like it will pop out of his chest due to the nervousness and running all the way to here

The fact that he thought she had actually moved to states but it turned out that she was still staying in the same city, made him regret because he could have searched for her properly.

He received a call from Heeseung, saying he reached there, to which Heeseung encouraged him to talk things out and make it up with her.

As he declined the call after the small talk and slide his phone back inside his jeans pocket, he went inside and took the lift, pushing the floor number where she's staying at, desperately wanting to see and reach out to her.

His heart beat increasing each second passing by as he was getting close to the floor, and once he reached, he took a deep breathe before stepping outside and walking over to the room, he was informed that's hers.

Pressing the doorbell, he waited outside and placed his hands on his chest for a second, surprised to feel his heartbeat so fast since he had never felt this way before.

His throat was getting dryer and he was anxious, as much as he wanted to see her, he was scared to face her at the same time.

The door opened finally and he looked up, his heart seemed to be stop beating for a good second, his mind was blank and everything around him seem to be disappeared as he took in the sight of her, smiling first but it slowly faded away and her eyes slightly widened upon seeing him.

He gulped, wanting to say something but no words seem to come out of his mouth as he took in the sight of her, appearing a bit dull compared to how she was months ago.

She stepped back as he moved forward, reaching out to take her hands but she refused to let him do so.

"I- I missed you"

He says almost like a whisper and gulps again, getting slightly frustrated at how he's barely being able to speak a word.

She had tons of questions to ask that how did he found out about her staying here and also about what she had witnessed months ago that led her to take the decision of leaving him but she choosed to stay silent.

"Leave"

Was the only word that came out of her mouth as she kept her gaze averted.

He stepped more closer but she pushed him away, finally losing her patience and attempted to close the door but he held it still and entering inside he pinned her against the wall.

"Hear me out"

"Let go-"

"Hear me out first"

He repeated in a low growl, shutting her up in the process as she stayed still, still not meeting eyes with him.

"Hear you out as if you have a say in this?"

She scoffed after a while of silence, since he didn't looked like he'll start a conversation.

He let out a shaky breathe and loosened his grip on her arms but didn't let go. He watched as she kept her gaze fixed to the side, she didn't looked ready to understand whatever he had to say and he was lost as well.

"Why didn't you exposed me to our parents?"

This unexpected question seemed to caught her off guard but she fixed her composure back immediately.

"Couldn't do that because I have a heart, and I can't see them all upset and tensed."

"And I don't have one, is that what you mean?"

She stayed quiet, not bothering to open her mouth and spare him a glance which made his heart sinked.

He took a deep breathe and let go of her arms, stepping away from her. He didn't knew it'll be that hard to even have a talk with her, let alone winning her trust back.

"I'm not here to prove I'm innocent and I didn't do anything, I just need you to tell me one thing."

He stared as she finally looked at him, folding her arms at her chest and waiting for him to continue.

"Do you still love me?"

His voice slightly cracked in between as he continue to gaze at her for a response.

"I don't"

She kept her gaze sharp and firm, showing no emotions at all as he stepped backwards, he got his answer so there was no point for him to stay.

The look of his face was something she never saw nor expected to see ever before but she couldn't just be so bothered by it.

Once he stepped out of the doorstep she looked up at him one last time, but seeing the corner of his eyes getting watery, she shut the door at his face and leaned against it, sitting down on the floor and covering her mouth.

He was still standing in front of the door before he took some steps towards it and leaned his head against it.

"I- I'm leaving for real"

She pressed her palms more tightly against her mouth to prevent making a noise.

"If you're still hearing me, please r-remember to take care and eat a lot. I hope you find someone better who actually deserves you."

With a heavy heart, he backed away from the door, gazing at it with a smile and ignoring the tears rolling down on his cheeks. He released a deep breathe with closed eyes and all he saw was her face, before he turned around to leave.

Right then, he received a call from Heeseung again who seemed to be excited to hear about what happened and if he made it.

"I'm almost on my way, did you told her everything?"

Heeseung asked but he didn't received a response for a good while, he called out for Jake again and that's when he heard a slight sniffle from him.

"Hey what's wrong, did you failed to convince her?"

He asked but didn't received a response yet again as he chuckled at the thought of him crying already and giving up.

"You do know she's stubborn and isn't easy to convince then how are you giving up so easily?"

He asked again, in slight disbelief as to how Jake was being all vulnerable instead of trying his hardest to convince her.

"Alright, wait there for me to reach then we all can talk-"

Heeseung was genuine this time but his expression turned into a worried one to hear his next words after Jake cut Heeseung off.

"I- I lost, I lost her"

•••••

Omg how cruel I am to make y'all cry but that's just how it was supposed to be originally, by the way I was wondering if y'all want a happy ending? Cause if not then I won't mind making y'all cry again with the next chapter :3