Chapter 15

As the clock stopped at 5, Jake got up, ready to leave from the company after a whole day of getting to know about the business related works his dad handles

"Don't forget to pick Raya up when you leave for home"

"That's where I'm going if you'd let me"

He responded to his dad who nodded at him and gestured, indicating that he can leave now.

Bidding goodbye to him, Jake left from there to visit his in-laws.

It was for half an hour when he reached there, and getting out of the car he took the bouquet of flowers he had bought on his way. Walking over to the doorstep he knocked on it and waited for it to open.

Seconds later the door opened, revealing Mrs shin, who welcomed him with a warm smile as he handed the bouquet of flowers to her.

"Isn't that for Raya? You should give it to her."

"No, I'm enough for her, this is for my gorgeous mom-in-law."

His complement earned a shy laugh from Mrs shin, as she then led him inside.

They were meet by the sight of Mr Shin sitting in the living room, as they both approached.

"Oh Jake you're here, how are you doing?"

Mr shin asked him, to which he replied with a smile and assured them.

His eyes scanned the living room and upstairs where her room was, whilst he began to have some talk with them who were keep on asking him different questions about his and his family's whereabouts.

"Mom, where is Raya, we'll have to leave"

"Dinner is almost ready dear, first have it, and Raya, she's in her room, if you want you can go meet her."

"Alright"

Saying, he got up to leave for upstairs when her mom told him to call her for dinner as well.

Reaching there, he directly entered inside just to see her watching movie whilst sitting on the couch with a guy who looked somewhat familiar to him.

"Jake?"

She called out for him when she sensed his presence.

When he saw the guy closely and tried to recognise him, he realised that the guy is Heeseung who he had met in the wedding.

"I missed you"

She got up, running over to him and embracing him whilst Heeseung looked back at them.

"Mom called us over for dinner"

Jake let out, responding to her hug and slightly lifting her up.

He gazed at Heeseung who gave them both quite a disgusted look before getting up as well and leaving from the room. "Hey!! You didn't missed me?" She asked, moving her head to look up at him as a small pout rested on her lips.