Chapter 16

It has been some days after she visited her parents, today is the celebration party of her Dad's successful collab with Mr Sim, and for which she was currently getting ready

She was wearing a simple black dress with side slit, and was almost done getting ready, when she felt someone's finger roaming over her thighs from behind.

"Don't you dare ruin my makeup"

She warned, glaring at his reflection in the mirror when he was about to touch her face.

Once she was done applying lipstick and put it back on the dressing table, he turned her around in a flip by the waist.

"And what if I did?"

He stared down at her lips while having the all-time signature smirk resting on his lips.

"Then I'm not going anywhere because it takes efforts to put on so many make-ups."

"You don't need makeup, you're beautiful without it."

He whispered, biting down her earlobe gently, making her giggle.

"We'll be late"

She let out after a while, when he still didn't stopped and went down towards her neck.

"Let it be"

He whispered again, about to kiss her neck but she stopped him. "Hey, why?" He sulked when she slipped away from his grip.

"Remember we have to go, and I'm not letting myself be embarrass this time."

With that she walked out of the room after taking her purse.

Jake just heaved an upset sigh before also making his way outside. As they reached downstairs, they saw his parents waiting for them, and after exchanging greetings they left together.

The venue was in one of the wealthy hotel of the city which wasn't so far away. Reaching there, they got out of the car and went inside.

The arrangements and every other thing was done by Mr shin's company, as their parents greeted each other when they spotted them.

After a while, Raya found herself alone as both her's and Jake's dad were talking to Jake, whilst their moms were also talking to each other.

Looking around, she tried to find the counter of drinks and then walked over to it. As the bartender handed her the asked drink, she proceeded to take a sip and was suddenly called out by a familiar voice.

"Long time no see"

She glanced at her side and saw a girl with long dark brown hair, whom she remembered as her classmate in her old University.

"You look better than before huh? Are you a stripper now or did you-"

"And you've gotten worse than before? Did you stopped fucking guys for money, Clara?"

Before she could complete her sentence, Raya cut her off with the same mocking tone.

Clara just scoffed annoyingly before picking a drink from the counter. As they took a sip of their drinks, the announcement from Mr Shin began, and he asked for everyone's attention.

Some minutes of him talking about the collaboration, Mr Sim also came on the stage as everyone cheered and clapped for them both.

"You see Mr Sim right? I'm the most trusted employe of his company, and after this collaboration, I'll be on a prominent position."

Clara said, looking at the stage with a smirk before she glanced at Raya.

It was when they heard Jake's name being mentioned and then him going on the stage. He looked quite confused because he didn't knew why was he called on the stage but then Mr Sim announced that Jake will be taking over his company from now on.

Everyone was cheering and clapping even more now but Jake was surprised as well as Raya too because Mr Sim didn't talked about it earlier and directly announced this. Though, after his dad and Mr Shin assured him, he finally accepted it and thanked everyone.

His eyes scanning everywhere for her but because of the lightning effect, he couldn't find her so he whispered something in his dad's ear.

"So, are you not going to tell me about yourself? What are you?"

Clara asked her, sipping on her drink as she watched Raya looking unbothered.

"C'mon, you're not even saying anything, could that mean you're actually a stripper, who gave you entry in this party?"

Clara didn't seemed to stop with her ridiculous questions as Raya grabbed one more drink from the counter.

"Or oops!! Did you fucked with the bodyguards outside?"

With a surprise look, Clara started to laugh sarcastically afterwards.

Taking a long sip, Raya glanced at the stage before turning to face Clara who was still standing there, giving her a smug look.

With a smirk, Raya took some steps towards her and poured the drink on her short white dress, which left visible red stains on her dress.

"What the-"

Clara's words were cut off by another announcement, which was said by Mr Sim.

Her eyes widened when she heard Raya's name being mentioned as the daughter in law of Mr Sim.

Embarrassment creeping up on her face as she saw Raya giving her a pitiful look before walking over to the stage. Jake offered his hand to help her getting on the stage as everyone clapped once again.

She even heard people whispering about how beautiful she looks and how good Jake and she looks together, as gritting her teeth she went to the washroom to wash herself off.

Closing the washroom door behind, she cleaned her dress but the stain still remained. She hadn't attended Jake's wedding for some reason but she still did knew about it, all she didn't knew about was that Jake was married to Raya.

She screamed in anger and throw all of the stuffs from the washroom counter, realising how embarassing it would be for her to face Raya again after everything she said to her.

Raya used to be a quite girl who only focus on studies, have no friends at all because she didn't like to be with anyone and sometimes gets bullied by Clara, so she never expected her to literally be the owner of the company she works in.

Realising, that if Raya want she can kick her out of the company anytime, especially after Jake is announced to be taken over the company, means his wife would also be the owner legally.

Shaking her head, she whispered to herself that she can't let that happen, there's no way she's going to let Raya win as a smirk appeared on her lips after realising something.

"I will destroy your life, Shin Raya"

•••••