Chapter 1: walk of shame

The gates of hell had unlocked before my eyes. I walked in a straight line, struggling to avoid the voices and demeaning looks around me. I evaded any eye contact as this was the worst walk of shame I have ever encountered in my life. The officer beside me had tightened my cuffs real tight and I felt like my circulation had been cut off. I looked up at him, signalling with my eyes that I was in pain but all he did was huff. 

"Looks like the rich girl's got herself locked up. It's probably because her daddy didn't buy her a boob job and she went AWOL on him. I mean I would too if I had boobs the size of skittles" The nasally voice of a girl taunted.

I heard cheers erupt from the girls comment. I refused to look up and kept my head down in shame as the taunts continued. 

It's not my fault I was given a jumpsuit a few sizes too big and it was hiding the fact that my boobs are actually a decent B cup. 

I chose to ignore these taunts and not let them get under my skin; these girls and guys had evil intentions to make me feel out of place. I am the newbie, and we all know that it's not so great to be the newbie in a place like this. 

I've heard plenty of horror stories about a place like this and white attractive females from my mother. She really embedded the fact that I am fresh meat to the people here, and these people are hungry. 

I'm not made for a place like this. I do not belong and I will unquestionably stand out.

My parent's fought so hard at my trial; hired the best lawyers in town, bribed the judge and other associates, but to my despair, nothing worked. Protesters swayed the usual corruption that occurs and the prosecution was forced to actually take action in my case. Instead of a usual rich white teenager getting a slap on their wrist because their parents are powerful people, I got 16 months in Litchfield detention centre for Juvenile delinquents. Those goddamn protesters. 

As my walk of shame finally came to a halt, the two guards and I walked into an isolated room with three seats. 

"Orientation will begin shortly. We are just waiting on the two other newbies who will be joining you." One of them stated with a bored expression on his face. 

"The executive assistant and the warden will arrive to inform you about how this place runs. Your luggage will be situated in your room momentarily" The other one with the bald head recited. They nodded and left me alone in the dull room.

My luggage shouldn't even be classified as luggage since the centre only allowed us to bring a thirty by thirty centimetre bag and nothing more. They stated that all other necessities would be provided for us to reduce risk of sneaking in illicit items. Thank god my parents had cashed in some money in my account to buy any supplies I needed from the centre's goods store.

As I waited, I observed the room's interior. The interior was off-white and had no furniture besides the three rigid, wooden seats positioned in a line. I noticed a window at the back of the room which was smack bang in the middle. I hence decided to look outside. The view was wonderful; I noticed a field and some sporting facilities. I wondered if this place was going to be any different than school. I mean school is basically prison! Am I right or am I right? And we do get educational opportunities to continue our studies so our lives aren't completely ruined. There were also job opportunities which is what my mother had told me. She told me to be on my best behaviour and to stop shaming our family. 

I sighed and walked back to my seat to where I painfully waited for the others to join me. I shifted quite a bit to find a comfortable position as my distasteful, orange jumpsuit was riding up my ass and was quite thick and itchy. I couldn't believe that I had to wear it all day, every day.