Chapter 17: Snitches are bitches

It was a day after my father was featured on the radio. I tried calling him several times during phone hours but he did not answer. I wanted to go off at him for lying on live radio and for telling everyone those things I had told my mother. It was just all wrong. 

The only people who knew about my true reasons about my arrest were the Triple X girls Seth and Wolfe.

The Triple X Girls were probably having a ball with this new information about his lie. 

They knew the true reason why I was in here and could easily rat my father and I out. 

God, everything was just going wrong at the moment. 

I sighed as I dialled my fathers number one last time, only to be left with his voice mail. I didn't even bother leaving him a voice message after my previous five. 

It was community service day today, and I was not excited about going. Mainly because Wolfe was a part of my group and I did not want to face him.

I headed towards our group meeting room and saw that not everyone had arrived yet, including Wolfe. I noticed Seth was one of the JJC officers in charge and I internally groaned. I also noticed that a few of the Triple X girls  were a part of our group, including the notorious leader, Kylie. 

They stood there, staring at me and a few were blowing me some kisses to taunt me.  I quickly looked away and stood as far away as I could from them. 

A few minutes later, Wolfe walked in, we looked at each other for a few seconds before he put his head down and walked to the other side of the room. I sighed at this because I realized he was one of my only friends in this place and now that was being destroyed. 

Finally, when everyone had been gathered in the room, Seth cleared his throat before speaking up. 

"Hello inmates, today is going to be another day of community service. Our group is going to work with a local graffiti removal program. I hope you are all excited about it. So now let's head off to the bus in one line." He ordered before walking out with another JJC officer, allowing us all to follow behind.

Everyone groaned in response to the idea of removing graffiti.  

"Once we get to the bus, I will do another roll call." He added. 

We all followed along in one line, like we were in kindergarten or something. I hated the way the guards treated us like children. I mean some of us were children, but we need to be treated with respect to treat others back with respect. It's a psychologically known fact. How can someone grow into a decent person with decent morals if they aren't treated ethically or morally? 

Once we all arrived at the bus and Seth took the roll verifying everyone's presence, I headed on the bus to get a seat. 

Unfortunately, Wolfe sat next to me. 

"What do you want?" I asked him with gritted teeth. 

"There were no other seats available, trust me I would of picked any other seat than this one." He muttered back. 

"Well aren't you just delightful today." I retorted. 

"Please breathe the other way, your opinions are bleaching my hair." He mocked. 

"Oh and you're also a comedian today." I said whilst rolling my eyes. 

"How's it going with Mr JJC officer over there." He frowned as he laid his eyes on Seth. 

"I don't know, that's a stupid question." I scolded.

"Didn't seem so stupid when you guys were in the janitors closet together." He scoffed.