Chapter 7: Never make a deal with the devil

Chapter 7: Never make a deal with he devil

I was still standing in awe, with both Wolfe and Seth standing beside me in what it looked to be a stare off. 

I looked back at them. They were scrummed together just like they always were; they were like a family, a pack, a gang. My heart was still racing. Due to my staring, I made eye contact with one of them and a few seconds later, realisation had struck.

"Fuck!" I yelled out.

Seth and Wolfe were disrupted from their stare down and looked at me with confusion.

"I need to go." I explained, ready to head off but before I could escape, an arm grabbed me by the collar of my uniform. It was a bony arm with long, scrawny fingers that dug into my skin.

"And where do you think you're going?" her sharp voice asked me, with a devilish grin on her face.

"N-no w-where". As I replied, the rest of the gang followed behind her, eyeing me out maliciously. Their pupils had dilated and became dark, and it looked like they were ready to pounce on some poor target, such as myself.

"You think you can just run away, like you always did. Well guess what sweetie; you have nowhere to run now. Don't try to cover up your snitchy ways and tell us that you didn't name us, because we know that's complete bullshit. You and Jack were the only ones who knew that we were underage." She spat.

I looked down at my feet. She was right; I did name them, but only because my mother had guilt-tripped me into naming them. I remember sitting in the courtroom with my lawyer, discussing our options. He suggested minimising my sentence, if I named any other underage girls who worked with me at the strip club and also used drugs. My mother favoured this idea but I definitely didn't want to be a snitch towards my friends. 

"Friends? They aren't your friends. Do you ever see them outside that rundown club? No; friends are people that stick by you and positively influence you. Friends are not some dirty old whores who have nothing better to do with their lives" I remember my mother insisting. 

She then had a sobbing fit which lasted about ten minutes and begged me to name them. She obviously won in the end as I realised I had done enough to hurt my parents and I was in a desperate need to burn some bridges. I am obviously not making excuses for naming my friends and I understand what I did was wrong. However, I was promised for my safety they would not be sent to the same Juvenile centre as me. 

"Unlike you, stripping wasn't some passive rebellion towards our rich parents and perfect life; it was our livelihood, our only way of getting by. And now we are fucked all because of you. And you should know that we don't get even, we ruin lives of people who fuck with us. We don't come from some stupid who knows how many stories mansion, we come from the streets. And we know how to adjust to places like these, so good luck Jingle bells. Come on girls." She ordered, before stalking off; all the girls looked back at me with the same devilish grins on their faces. 

I cringed at her use of my old stripper name; "Jingle Bells". I became a stripper a few days before Christmas and my first official shift was on Christmas day. I had made up some bullshit excuse to why I couldn't attend Christmas dinner and it wasn't like I was missing out on something special as we had a Christmas breakfast, lunch and dinner. The name stuck because some guy had called out to me saying "Shake them jingle bells", obviously feeling the Christmas spirit. 

"Stripper?" Seth asked with wide eyes.

It was at that moment that I realised both Seth and Wolfe had witnessed what just happened.

I wanted to saliva vomit at that moment; what would Seth think? But then I realised what else can he judge about me? I mean I was in juvie and at least I wasn't a homicidal maniac.

"Y-yeah, it was kind of a rebellion thing" I let out, scratching the back of my head.

"Who are they?" He asked.

I breathed in deeply and sighed as I looked at the ground, avoiding any eye contact with him.

"They were these girls that used to work with me at the club. They helped me get through and helped me belong. They were my friends and we understood each other. But I guess you don't stay friends with people who you name to reduce your sentence" I admitted.

Both Seth and Wolfe kept silent, unknowing of what to say.

I broke the silence as I told them I had to go, it was janitor duty time.

As I stalked off, I realised I needed a more powerful clique here. Don't get me wrong, Oreos and the rest were great friends but now I have clicked into survival mode and I need to go to heavy measures to ensure my safety. I knew what those girls were capable of, and it scared me to death.

As I walked towards the janitor closet, a hand stopped me.

"Rich Bitch, I want that hairbrush now" A familiar, snooty voice let out.

At that moment, an idea sprung into my thoughts.

I turned around slowly before letting out a proposal.

"Listen here Barbie, I have a million and one offers for that hairbrush and I am sure yours is on the same level as everyone else's. So technically I could give it to someone else if I desired. But if you really wanted that hairbrush, I need an offer that stands out from the rest" I proposed.

"Okay... So what do you suggest? What do you want for it?" She spat out.

"I want to work in the kitchens with you and I want to be a part of your clique!" I let out.

Before she could respond she let out a loud, malicious laugh.

"You fucking wish." She spat in between laughs.

"Okay fine I'll just give it to someone else or I'll keep it for myself and have some special time with Wolfe." I said whilst wiggling my brows.

She stopped laughing and her face turned hard.

"Okay fine"

I did not expect it to go that swiftly.

"I'll let you work in the kitchens, but you need to prove your loyalty before you join my clique, got it? However, if you fail, no returns and I still get the hairbrush." She stated.

I nodded in achievement, unable to rid the grin off my face.

It was from that moment that I had made a deal with the devil.