Chapter 4: nutriloaf?

Chapter 4: Nutriloaf?

▲▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲▲  

It was the morning after my little nude incident. That night when I returned to my dorm, Barbie was lying on my bunk with an accomplished, evil grin coating her face.

All I wanted to do at that moment was to slap that grin right off her face. But I knew I couldn't anger her any more or she will make my time here even worse than living hell.

Today was a new day and I wasn't taking shit from anyone.

I chose to sleep in as I knew I wasn't going to be served any breakfast and also I wasn't ready to face the embarrassment that was waiting for me. Surely everyone in this hell whole would have known about my incident already it. I mean gossip travels faster than light in this place. No hyperbole intended.

I woke up from my nap to reveal something hard beside me. I squinted my eyes to adjust to the light and revealed a protein bar that was placed adjacent to my pillow.

I smiled as I knew exactly who did this. Seth. He must have noticed that I was absent from breakfast and brought me a bar whilst I was sleeping. 

It's kind of worrying that I am such a deep sleeper because anyone could really have come in and I wouldn't have noticed. 

I hastily ate the bar which satisfied my hunger and got changed into my orange jumpsuit.

As I slipped on my all black timberlands the bell went off signalling that breakfast had ended.

Following the bell was the voice of the executive assistant through the speakers.

"Reflection time will now commence. After the hour of reflection is up, any newbies who are currently jobless meet in the assembly hall. Thankyou." 

I sighed at the possible outcomes that could occur today.

As I travelled towards the yard to get some fresh air, I had received many funny looks and whispers.

I ignored them and held my head up high.

When I entered the field, everyone turned to look at me.

"Look who it is! Daddy's disappointment from Litchfield. I agree, orange is definitely not your colour!" I heard a random voice yell out.

What were they talking about? 

"Good luck to her daddy's chance at becoming Mayor now" Another person had retorted.

I then turned around.

"What are you talking about?" I spat out to the random girl.

"You're featured in Times magazine" She informed me.

My stomach dropped at her sudden accusation.

It must have been that stupid flash.

I knew it.

My life is officially over.

I knew so many people who read that stupid magazine.

No one knows I'm in a detention centre besides my immediate family. If the word gets leaked out, my whole life is undeniably ruined.

"How would you know?" I asked in a cold tone.

"We are allowed to have subscriptions to magazines here ya know, we get 'em delivered from the mail room" She informed me.

"And oh what a surprise, some of us have subscriptions to Time magazine".

Yep, my life was definitely over.