CHAPTER 19: Why we're here

"Maybe if you told me your actual name, then I'll tell you why I needed to be a part of your clique." I told Barbie. 

I realised I owed her that much to tell her why I wanted to be a part of her clique but then I figured, I had known her for about a month and I still did not know her real name. 

"That seems like a fair trade I guess." Barbie sighed from the cell across me. 

I waited patiently for her to reveal her name. I really don't know what I was expecting, but I was expecting something great. 

"Okay well, my name is Payton. Payton West." She admitted. 

"Like the rapper?" I asked, dumbfounded. 

I guess that name kind of suited her however I was swaying towards more of a Britney or maybe even a Celeste. 

"Yes Jaedyn, like Kanye the rapper." She replied. I could tell she was rolling her eyes at me. 

Before I could reply, I realised that this was the first time she used my actual name, and not my nickname. 

"Nice name."

"Thanks, Jaedyn's not so bad too." 

I decided I owed her that much to tell her why I needed the safety of her gang. I was starting to really believe that I was the cause of all the shit that was going down. 

I sighed. 

I then told her my whole entire story, about how I rebelled against my family, started doing drugs, underage stripping, the triple X girls and how I nearly got raped. I then told her about how I named the rest of the girls to get a lesser sentence and how I was promised they would not be placed into the same centre as me. I lastly told her that I needed to be a part of her little gang because it was the only thing providing me with protection.

"Oh shit." Was all she could muster. 

"So you are basically in shit because you snitched on your own crew?! I mean how am I not supposed to believe that you ratted us out now?" She yelled out. 

Okay, maybe it was a mistake telling her my story.

I chose to ignore her as she kept yelling at me with profanities I had never even heard of. 

Telling her about Seth was definitely out of the question. I mean from someone else's perspectives, me telling a JJC Officer about what went down was definitely snitching. But I know he didn't tell anyone. I knew I could trust him. I mean what we had was different and I'm sure he felt the way I felt about him. 

So that's why I chose to withhold that information from Payton. 

-- 

I think it had been a few more days that had passed and Payton and I really did not say much to each other. I guess she was still angry at me. 

I then heard heavy footsteps erupt and walk towards my cell. 

"Jaedyn Edwards, it's Warden Cross." The warden announced.

I wondered what he was here for. 

He then proceeded to open my cell door. 

"It's your lucky day, your dad the new mayor is here to save the day." He announced and as he moved to the side, my dad came into view. 

New Mayor??? He must have won the election!

"Dad, what the hell are you doing here?" I asked surprised.