CHAPTER 18 : answers.

Author pov

Y/n : Kim Mingyu, we need to talk. ( she walked out of the place to a corner to get enough privacy as Mingyu followed her from behind.)

Y/n : why did you do that, gyu? ( she asked in a calm voice knowing damn well Mingyu has reasons.)

Mingyu : Noona, did you go to Minwoo hyung? ( his voice changed into a concerned one.)

Y/n : Hyung? Since when did you become this close to Minwoo? ( she asked in disbelief.)

Mingyu : Noona, it's a long story to explain. Forgive me for my actions but i have my reasons. I know you would understand. ( he said with pleading eyes.)

Y/n : Let's go to the pork belly restaurant around the corner. ( she dragged Mingyu along with her.)

~~~

Mingyu : noona, just trust me. I have my reasons to do this. ( he whined.)

Y/n : that's why i'm here to know the reasons. ( she said calmly while eating.)

Mingyu : noona- ( Y/n cut him off.)

Y/n : shouldn't you be grateful that it's me who got to know it before Jeonghan, Cheol or Shua? Now, tell me what he threatened you with? ( she maintained a daring eye contact with him.)

Mingyu : Noona.. actually i and Jisoo noona have been hiding something all our life. ( he sighed looking down at his food.)

" WE BELONG FROM THE KIMS."

Y/n pov

I heard it wrong, right? No.

Y/n : you what? ( i was in disbelief. Is it some kind of joke?)

Mingyu : Minwoo and we are cousins. ( he looked down but i can still read his expressions.)

'KIM Minwoo', 'KIM Jisoo', 'KIM Mingyu' - the surnames match too.

How can they.. Forget Mingyu. I and Jisoo have been friends more a long time. I thought we were literally soulmates and she didn't bother to tell me they belong from THE KIMS?

Mingyu : noona, i know what you're exactly thinking but it's nothing like that. We had our reasons to hide this. ( he looked at Y/n who was frozen not knowing how to react.)

Y/n : why didn't you and Jisoo tell me before? Why you spying on me and Jeonghan? Why do the two of you live separately and not with the Kims? Why did you- ( Mingyu cut her off.)

Mingyu : noona.. stop getting anxious. I'll tell you everything. Just trust me and calm down. Drink this first. ( he handled Y/n a glass of water.)

Y/n : Go ahead. I need answers. ( she let out a deep breathe before gulping the water.)

Mingyu : actually our father was the youngest son of The Kims but my grandfather wanted my father to take over the company. But as you know that dad died with an accident, it couldn't happen.

Jisoo told me about his father dying in a car accident before so i'm quite aware of this. Also their mom leaving them at a young age for some other man. I wonder if it's true or not.

Mingyu : after we lost both mom and dad, our grandfather decided to bring us back from US to here. We started to live in the Kim mansion after that but we weren't introduced to the public because my uncle aka Minwoo's father threw objections to it. Both Jisoo noona and i were too young to know that. ( why do I feel guilty for dragging it now?)