UPDATE

Finding Lily has been updated/rewritten/edited so much that is now a completely different story. Its new name is Ocean of Lies and I've just started posting it! 

Depending on how popular it gets, I will either post the first five chapters or the entire thing (at least until its official publication in December). 

While the character names, setting, and overall mission is different, the main theme remains the same. 

Ocean of Lies is about a girl whose step-sister is kidnapped, and she has to team up with an agent in order to get her back. 

Tropes: 

- forced proximity 

- slow burn (no spice)

- strong MC 

- fake dating 

Here is the blurb: 

A dangerous island paradise, a missing step-sister, and an unlikely duo who will do anything to get her back.

Language tutor Sydney Davis enjoys a comfortable life in a gated city until her step-sister, Callie, is kidnapped right in front of her eyes. Desperate for answers, the recent college grad turns to the mysterious man who witnessed the attack after realizing he's the only one who can help.

Luke Artino spends his days hunting down bad guys that threaten to destroy his community. His painful past urges him to keep Sydney at arm's length until her persistence to find answers eventually wears him down. She has skills that could be useful on the rescue mission, and his boss agrees that it's better to take her along.

After discovering the island where Callie is being held, the two pose as newlyweds at the private resort with the manager watching their every move. As the mystery of Callie's disappearance grows more complicated, so do their feelings for each other.

If they can't figure out who to trust, they might not make it off the island alive.

Check it out now before it's published! 

Or follow me at mccauley_books on instagram or mccauleybooks.com for more updates on my self-publishing process!