20- Lily

We left the cabin soon after I killed Ian Petrov. My father had barely looked at me since I walked out of that storage shed. It was almost like he was disgusted by the person I was becoming. He shouldn't be, since he was the one who created me.

I packed all of my belongings into a singular box. I didn't have much. Just some basic clothes and toiletry items that were enough to get me through. Before we got into the car, I had loosened the clasp of my lily petal necklace and set it on the kitchen table. I didn't deserve my mother's protection anymore.

"So who's the guy that attacked Jane and I?" I asked in the car. I had held off for so long because I knew there wasn't anything we could do about it from the cabin. Now that we were leaving, I was anxious to know more. I wanted to know his name. Where he lived. Where he slept.

"His name is Felix Alcón." Daniel replied.

"What did you do to him?"

Daniel flinched, as he did whenever I reminded him of the part he played in Jane's death. "I'll tell you later."

"I know what later means, Dan. It's about time you gave me some real answers."

"Not now." His voice was firm. Unrelenting. He knew things. Things he wasn't going to tell me.

With a huff, I spent the rest of the trip staring out of the window. If he wasn't going to tell me, I'd just have to find out myself.

I had only been to Cori once before, with Jane. It was rundown, dirty, and poor. I had been sheltered from this way of life for my entire childhood. Now, I was going to live in it.

Daniel parked in a garage, situating his vehicle next to a couple of similarly old and rusted out cars. The elevator brought us to the top floor of the thirty story building, and we walked up to a front desk that had the name of a fake investment company plastered on the wall along with brochures and business cards sitting in front of the receptionist.

The blonde-haired woman smiled when I stepped off the elevator. She immediately recognized my father and let us through the thick metal door.

Once we were let in, I stepped inside the office and stopped to look around. Twenty cubicles were scattered around the open space but barely any of them were occupied. Most of the people who worked here would be in the workout area training, or tailing possible targets according to Daniel. The cubicles were mostly there for show as most of the surveillance happened in a larger room with high tech black market equipment.

"Lily, this is Mohammad. He'll show you the ropes." Daniel introduced the Persian man to me before walking off. Mohammad was shorter than me by maybe an inch and had darker skin and hair. His smile was bright white and friendly. He shook my hand and started to give me a tour around the office.

I kept my eyes on my father and watched as he disappeared into an office with two of his colleagues. I didn't trust him. A gut feeling told me he'd try to take out Felix before I could.

I wasn't going to let that happen.