The Lost Girls Duology Teaser

PART 2: FINDING JANE

***

"Hi ma'am, how may I help you?"

The blonde women sitting behind the desk looked at me with a smile. I peered behind her at the sign that read Artino Investing before walking up to her.

"I'm here to see my step-sister. Lily Artino." I told her.

That was all it took for her to let me in. Lily must have told the receptionist about my impending visit, otherwise I was sure I'd have to at least hand over my ID. Maybe even take a lie detector test, I wasn't sure.

The room looked like a normal office. Per Lily's instructions, I walked past all of the cubicles until I hit the work out room. In the middle of it all was a boxing ring. I immediately recognized the girl swinging at the guy, each of them sporting a smirk and staring at each other with what could only be described as lustful eyes.

"Get a room." I shouted when Luke pressed Lily against the ropes, their bodies flush against each other, sweaty and gross.

Lily turned to me with a wide smile. "You made it!" She scrambled out of the ring and hurried over to me, taking her gloves off along the way while Luke followed behind her.

"You really turned into a badass, huh?" I asked, still not used to seeing so much muscle definition in Lily's skinny frame.

"Yep. I found my calling." Lily taunted. "Beating up Luke is my new favorite thing to do."

Luke gave her a playful shove. "I'm winning last I checked."

"For now, maybe."

"You said you have something for me?" I asked.

"Right. Give me one second." Lily rushed away from us, leaving Luke and I to stand silently together in a room full of training spies. I found one that was especially nice to look at and focused my attention on his bare back, admiring his tan muscle as he thrust his fists at the punching bag swinging in front of him. I noticed a large tattoo on his right arm but I couldn't make out what it was from this far away.

"Here it is." Lily said when she returned. She was holding a ring, it's bright blue sapphire immediately recognizable. "Was that yours?"

I twirled it around my fingers, admiring the diamonds perched on the sides. I pretended to be looking at it for the first time when the sight of it actually made me want to barf.

"Nope. Never seen it before." I said, handing it back. "You could probably get some money for that."

"I think I'll keep it."

"Awesome." I took a step back, hoping they didn't sense my sudden discomfort. "Well I've gotta go home. I'll seeya next week to start self-defense training?"

"Yeah. Of course." Lily replied.

"Cool. Bye."

I spun around and walked back out of the workout room, making sure my walk was straight and not as shaky as my fingers had become. Once I was standing back outside, in the middle of Cori, I scanned the streets, paranoid.

That ring was a reminder of one thing and one thing only: that Ray would be looking for me, and he wouldn't stop until I was back by his side.

Finding Jane is now being posted! (Slowly but surely)