ego ; na jaemin

nct jaemin x reader
warnings : uni!au, mentions of fighting and blood
desc : where jaemin gets hurt in a fight and someone unexpected takes care of him.
( a/n ) req'd on tumblr

⠀

y/n sighed. he looked around impatiently after knocking on the door of his friend's dorm room. donghyuck had called him earlier in a panic, concerned about his roommate who came home after apparently getting into a fight off campus. y/n wasn't surprised when he first heard this. donghyuck's roommate, jaemin, was not exactly a nice person. at least not in y/n's opinion.

donghyuck opened the door in a hurry before pulling his friend inside.

"oh my god, thank you for coming so late at night."

"¡ still don't see why you can't just take care of him," y/n complained.

"i don't like blood. or violence." donghyuck handed him a first aid kit and pushed him toward jaemin's room.

"better be getting paid for this," y/n muttered. he carefully made his way into the bedroom to see jaemin holding an ice pack against his head. y/n sighed again. jaemin didn't look nearly as bad as donghyuck described on the phone. just some bruises and a couple cuts on his face.

"what are you doing here?" jaemin questioned as he lowered the ice pack. he sounded more rude than he intended, which made some guilt flood his chest, especially when y/n didn't answer. but, of course, he definitely wouldn't let y/n know that.

jaemin watched y/n sit down on his bed and open the first aid kit, setting out some of the supplies before looking up at him. jaemin felt himself instantly tense up when y/n examined his face. his injuries were nowhere near serious, but it'd be safest to go ahead and clean him up so he could heal well.

"you didn't have to come," jaemin said. he tried to sit up a bit, but ended up sinking back into his pillows because of the bruises he'd earned.

"well i did." y/n's voice was sharp, short from irritation.

"but you hate me."

"correct."

"but you're helping me anyway?"

"correct again. good to know you haven't lost any braincells up there."

jaemin rolled his eyes and turned his head to look out of the window, annoyed. he winced after trying to take a large inhale.

"where does it hurt?" y/n asked.