Chapter Eighteen-Benjamin

I couldn't believe she was gone. There was no way I was going to let her go like that. I went into the kitchen and grabbed the longest and sharpest knife I could find. I knew what I had to do. It was the only thing to do. 

I went back in my room and shut the door. I took the knife and cut into my wrist. Blood started pouring onto the floor. 

"Lucifer with my blood I summon thee."

Nothing happened. So I repeated myself. "Lucifer with my blood I summon thee." I said a bit louder. 

Still nothing. 

"Lucifer with my blood I summon thee!" I screamed. 

"You don't have to scream my name. I'm here." A velvety deep dark voice said behind me. 

I turned to see the most beautiful man I had ever laid eyes on. He had wings like she said. They were a dark grey. He was younger than I thought he would be. 

"You're Lucifer?"

"In the flesh. Now what can I do for you?"

"I want to make a deal."

"I don't do deals anymore that's for the lower demons."

"You're the only one who can rectify this."

"So you've fallen in love with my demon and expect me to allow you two to continue to copulate."

"It's more than copulating. I love her."

"You may love her and she you but she knew the demon rules before getting involved with you. If I allow one demon to be with a human then they all will want to."

"Please. I beg you. I will do anything."

"Careful now. You're talking to the Lord of deals."

"If it's my soul you want, take it. I don't want it if I can't be with her."

"Oh no. Your soul is not what I want. If I allow this then that means you will owe me a huge favor one day."

"I'll do it just please let me be with her."

"Your wish is my command." He conjured up a contract for me to sign.

"There's no ink."

"Your blood will suffice."

I took the pen and dabbed it on my cut which was very bloody. I signed at the bottom. 

He took the contract back and then suddenly Seraphina was back in my room. 

"What did you do?"

"What I had to." 

"Oh there is one caveat."

Suddenly I was in jarring searing pain. 

"No." Seraphina was down to my side. 

"Not only will I have your soul one day but you will be my demon."

"But you said you didn't want my soul."

"I'm also the Father of lies. Now goodbye Benjamin. Seraphina."

"Why would you do that?"

"I wanted to be with you."

"You stupid stupid human! Do you know what you sentenced yourself to?"

"Damnation?"

"More than that. You will be his servant for all eternity."

"Well at least we get to be together for all eternity."

"I didn't want this for you."

"Well I'm just a stupid stupid human."

She kissed me. "The most stupid."