MISSION 6

Nikki knew she was thinking the same as Sasha but she didn't want to admit it so she decided to ask the question.

"Do you think maybe Nam and Nop are involved with the reasons why we're here?"

Sasha turned and looked dead into her eyes.

"No. I can say for sure about Nop but not P'Nam. She may be stupid sometimes but she wouldn't get involved with something illegal. That stuffs scares her." Sasha later explained and then sat down on the armrest of the sofa facing her. Seems like the girl was a bit disoriented after she met her sister and didn't know what to do with herself anymore so she thought she wasn't going to push the subject until they knew more.

She didn't want to remind Sasha of the fact that time had past and her sister can be a different person. Well, technically, we all become a different as time goes by but the question is, how much different?

"Kru A said we had to be around town, you want to go get something to eat?" She asked her, remembering neither of them had eaten for lunch and it's already late in the afternoon.

"Yeah right. Such a good idea. Me, going out and seeing all these people would make my mood fly sky high." Sasha again with her sarcasm.

"We don't have to go out if you don't want to."

"No. I know you're hungry. Let's go and you're treat." Sasha later said when she felt she was indeed hungry and the idea of them eating out wasn't that bad but she wouldn't let her know that.

"Geez mate! You really are one with manners." The latter joked as they both got up from the living room and get ready to go.

"I am, aren't I?" Sasha asked with her big smile and she just shook her head at her but in her mind, she felt better to see that the girl wasn't frowning anymore. At least for now.

***

They went at the small locally owned restaurant. In the town, everything was small. They were seated at a small table toward the back when a waitress handed them a menu and brought them a complimentary drinks with is a pomegranate juice.

"Do you know anyone here?" She asked when she saw a few faces glancing at them once they walked inside.

Sasha turned around.

"Uhmm... thankfully, no." she said and faced her again. She was seated against the wall and had a clear view of the whole place, Sasha didn't and that's her choice anyway.

"Have you known this place or eaten here before?" She asked. Again, she thought of making a small talk so they couldn't sit silent because that wasn't what a happily married couple would be.

"No. Maybe this place has been around for awhile but I was a school and home type of kid back then. If I didn't need to be, I wasn't out. I had so many trauma here." Sasha said, focusing on the menu rather then the home life that surrounded her.

By that suddenly felt sorry for the girl. But she knew if Sasha knew she felt that way, she'd probably blow a fuse but she really did feel bad for her because her childhood sounded horrible.

"So... I guess we have to talk about something huh?" The girl added, finally noticing that she's making a small talk.

"Yeah. Do you want to talk about something else?" She asked as she ran out of questions to ask her for now.

"I don't know." Sasha whined. "Or, we can jumped into this case and it was never asked. Did you leave something behind to work this case?" She added, and suddenly, her eyes light up, seemingly wanting to know the answer.