MISSION 29

Three months later...

It's a wonderful sunny day in Paris.

Sasha looked at her self in the mirror and smiled at her reflection. These few days, she realized she never been this happy before. She never smiled like this before. You know, with pure and genuine happiness. She was and used to be this hotheaded agent in the headquarters, the one who was too serious and seldom smile but that changed after she fell in love to someone she never expected to fall. The least she expected, she might add.

Few months ago, after Nikki was discharged from the hospital and the Chachoengsao and her sister's case had closed, them and the rest of the team flew back to the headquarters in London. Few days after, she and Nikki decided to pop the news to the latter's family that gained mixed reactions; all positive reactions.

But she remembered that day, the day she met them, she was scared. But Nikki assured her that there was nothing to be scared about. They welcomed her with open arms. Quickly becoming the family she never had.

Nikki's parents were shocked to hear it because as what her mother said, Nikki used to come home here and rant nonstop about how you made her blood boil because of your stubbornness. And they all laughed at that because it was true. It sounds quite funny to be honest, Sasha thought.

Her Dad was cool about it, saying that they're in the right age to make a decision for themselves. In fact, he was already asking who will carry the baby. He's just excited to see the mini Nikki and spoil his grandchild. Nikki's brother was ecstatic to know her only sister is finally settling down, reminding her of how many times did he told her sister the most overrated line; the more you hate, the more you love. He was going around the house, teasing her sister about how right he was when he told her that one day, she will wake up realizing she fell in love with Sasha before she realized it. It was like a gospel on replay and the siblings ended up wrestling in front of the family because of the teasing.

It was an amazing moment, Sasha thought.

Then, she told Nikki that she wanted the wedding to happen as soon as positively because she thought, too much had happened and they deserve to settle down in comfort, peace and happiness. Then, as they agreed, even they were both fell a little busy with work, they finally done moving into Nikki's place after a month.

And today... Today was the day and nothing ever felt so perfect.

Her wedding dress was just simple, just like how she want it to be. It was going to be a small ceremony with just everyone from the team and Nikki's family.

Now, looking outside the window of the hotel room, she could not help but be extra emotional because she is finally going to marry the person she loved. It amazed her how fair life took her. Just a year ago she would've swore to never fall in love or get married, much less have a child. Now here she was with tears in her eyes because of the happiness she felt. She hated to cry, but at the moment it didn't bother her.

She cried for happiness as well as for her sister. She was the only thing missing from this perfect day. Nam was not just her sister but her Mom as well. Yes, they fought, misunderstood each other most of the time but there was no one else she trusted or loved for so long.

She couldn't help but think of the last hours of Nam's life. She know it weren't easy but she hoped she was at peace now. She never found out what really happened between Nop and Nam but now she would never know, they were both gone.

Then, there was a soft knock on Sasha's room door and it pulled her out of her revery.

"Come in." she called out.