MISSION 9

If she's being honest, Sasha didn't like the word 'problem' in her line of work. So after she throw her comedic side comment to Nikki, she crossed her arms over her chest and looked into the girl's eyes that's already looking at her intensely, as if she's not allowing her to think of anything else besides the job between them.

"Okay, what's the problem?" she finally asked.

"It's Kru A on the phone as you know. He said, she has someone in with the Mayor's office, but not an agent, just someone her trust and that person found out some information. Somehow, the Mayor and whoever is working with him found out that the BBI are suspecting that they are connected with a known syndicate and is investigating them." The girl explained as she sat on the edge of her bed.

"Shit! That's indeed a problem." Sasha said as she thought about what it meant, it could blow the whole case or even worse, put a lot of people in danger. "How did the Mayor and that person find out? You think we have a leak at the headquarters?" she asked after about a minutes of their silence.

"Kru A is looking into it as of the moment. He said he's going to call back later on tonight." Nikki answered as she fidget her knees up and down. A sign that she's anxious and didn't like the sound of how everything was going. The director also told her that Nam's husband worked at the Mayor's office, that made her believe more now then ever that Sasha's sister and Nop were connected to the case. If it were true, then that would cause some pain for Sasha and she didn't want that, not even when she disliked her partner, she didn't want her to get hurt.

Their eyes were still locked and suddenly, one of Sasha's eyebrows lifted up as she her head tilted to one side. She has a suspicious look.

"What aren't you telling me? It seems like there's more. I don't want you to hide anything from me Nicole, I'm warning you. What else did Kru A said???" she asked, in a lower tone than she intended because she feared her sister will hear them if she raised her voice. Though she made sure that the girl knows she's not playing around.

At first , Nikki wanted to spare any harm that could be brought to her but she couldn't lie because they were in this together. They're partners and that's what they should do. Help one another no matter what.

"Isla dug around some people in town and found out that Nop work closely with the Mayor." She shortly explained and that made Sasha stepped back until her leg hit the edge of her bed, making her fall to her bed from behind.

"Nop? P'Nam's Nop? My brother-in-law???"

Nikki just nodded.

Sasha held her head and turned to the direction of the kitchen's downstairs and suddenly got up as she began to run from the bedroom down. She really had a bad feeling about it. She somehow knew something was wrong with Nop and Nam had to know it. Nikki quickly stood up too and followed her. She was half down the stairs when she caught up with her. They marched back into the kitchen to talk with her sister but the older girl was gone.

"Damn it! Fuck!" Sasha said angrily, running both her hands through her hair. She looked at the table frustratingly and found a piece of paper on it. It's her sister's note.

Kid, I had to get going because I figured you and Nikki had important stuff to talk about. I'll call you later, okay? It's really good to see you, Nong. The note read.

"Ugh!!! I really want to kill that bitch, I swear!." Sasha said as she turned around and looked at Nikki. "I want to put my hands around her neck, strangle her and force her to answer me." she added with matching hand gestures to everything she said. Her blood was boiling and her hands were shaking because she just felt so overwhelmed because the plan was unraveling and that caused trouble. She knew that first hand.