MISSION 20

"How was the funeral? As much as we wanted to be with you, we got lots of things to do." Kru A asked as Sasha joined him in his private office in their Bangkok base. It was way too small compared to his office in their main headquarters but it's not that bad at all.

"It's okay, Kru A. I appreciate your sympathy even if you wasn't there. Even I, will prioritize to move forward with the case at hand than to dive into my mourning. The funeral was short but decent for P'Nam and that's enough. I'll mourn her death properly when Nop is dead. Or at least rot in jail."

Kru A knows not to push the topic any further because all he can hear in the girl's voice is anger and vengeance. He knows Sasha's not the type to play around and if given a chance, he's sure that she will go out of her way just to kill her sister's murderer and he don't want that for her.

"And how was the drive going here?" He tried to divert the conversation.

"Hmmm. It was—different. It was fine; you know a simple car ride." Sasha answered as she sat in the chair before the director's desk. Well, we all knew how the car ride goes. It wasn't anything simple but for the time being she decided that that was all she was willing to tell her boss.

"Hmmm. I can sense that there's more to it but I'll leave it to you." The guy said as he give her a knowing smile. "But I wish you would've taken a day break and rest for a day before coming in. You had just send your sister off." He said though he knew it was pointless.

But Sasha couldn't sit at their hotel room and do nothing. More thn anything and anyone, she need to be personally involved to bring justice for her sister

"Do we have any new lead?"

"We do have but it's not strong." He regrettably said, he hoped they would've had more by now.

"Well, it's better than nothing. What is it?"

Kru A was silent for a moment, considered if he should tell her but he thought she had a right to know but he was scared of the girl taking the matter into her own hands and ending up like her sister.

"We uhmmm... found that Nop has a property in Phuket. We have some agents checking it out now and got words that he was spotted there." He explained.

"That's great, Sir. We can nail the Mayor and his partners, now once we get Nop, the Chachoengsao case will be closed and my sister's murderer will be caught." Sasha thought out loud.

"Yes, but until we get more from Phuket Police department, our hands are tied. There's nothing more to be done now." Kru A simply said, knowing that Sasha know exactly how the protocol works. They cannot do anything to a suspect without the local authorities' consent or cooperation.

Sasha just smiled as his not so subtle attempts.

"I know you only said that just to send me home. You want me to go home already, but I can't. I'm alone at home and it drives me crazy. And I don't understand why you put Nikki on another case and shooing me away. At least give me something to keep my sanity." She tried not to show how that angered her. She knew Kru A was treating her with care and it was the last thing she wanted. Like she said, Nikki was given another case as soon as they came to Bangkok. And here she was stuck with nothing to do but overthink.

"Sasha, you just lost your sister. You're upset and with your normal self with fast temper, I can't send you out on anything. But if you insist, you can have all the work you want here at the office." The boss explained as he crossed his hands, indicating there was nothing she could say to change his mind.

"Ok, what do you want me to do?" Sasha asked with a deep sigh as she see that she had no other choice.

"There are a couple of choices for you dear. You have tons of paperwork to catch up on or, you can handle the newly hired thai agent in this base."