MISSION 15

Sasha woke up the next morning feeling a little lightheaded after a couple of solid hours of sleep. She first thought of getting up but when she realized that she's not alone in bed, she stayed laying down because she didn't have the heart to move and cause the girl beside her to wake up immaturely. She too lack some sleep because of her so she don't want to wake her up. They're lying facing each other, with her still being inside the girl's arms, she got the opportunity to take a moment to look closely at every feature of Nikki's angelic face. The more that she explore every detail of her face that more she appears so beautiful and attractive in her eyes.

It's evident that the girl was still deeply asleep and she really looked so peaceful that she couldn't help but held a smile. Last night was nice, she thought. It was so nice that it almost felt like a dream. Shockingly, for the first time, Nikki didn't annoy her, instead she was so considerate, sweet and caring.

Few years ago, she would've said there was no way in hell she could ever see anything happening between her and Nikki besides a strong dislike. Now she saw something. Something deeper than a crush, even surpassed the simple attraction.

She thought of continuing to watch her while she's asleep because she never know if she'll get another chance to be in this position again and to watch her beautiful face freely.

Maybe she stared at her too much that Sasha didn't realize what she was doing until she found herself leaning forward and kissing Nikki gently in the lips.

Just because I felt like it. She thought to herself.

"W-What was that for? Good morning." Nikki asked in confusion, her voice cracked a little, eyes still closed. But Sasha wasn't surprised she had woken up, instead she widened her smile for her.

Who would have thought that Sarocha Chankimha would give her ever bright and gummy morning smile to Nicole Armstrong? Sasha's sure that if their teammates will see them right now, Charlotte will definitely faint, Eden will surely tease them nonstop and Isla will probably choke or vomit in their sweet little gestures.

"Just for being so cute when you sleep." she whispered to her and then bury her face in Nikki's chest, hugging her a little tighter before she decided to get up to go to the washroom and wash up after a few moments.

"5 more minutes please." Nikki beg, stopping her. "I'm still not ready to let you go because we both know that as soon as we get up here, we will not have this moment in a while. Big things are waiting outside that damn door."

"Okay. 5 more minutes." Sasha agreesd because she knows it's true, so might as well enjoy this little peace she and Nikki have.

***

Everyone gathered in the kitchen half hour later, taking turns to get their cups of coffee.

"Is it just me or something feels different." Heng said as he leaned against the counter. Watching everyone.

"Different? And what would that be?" Kru A asked, trying to sound innocent but had a grin as if he knew the answer.

" It's the first time that Sasha and Nikki aren't fightingor simply bickering. All these years we've worked together, they always fight within two minutes of being near each other. Right? So this peaceful silence between then, this cannot be. This is dangerous!" Heng explained.

"What's going on huh?" Saint asked them while elbowing Nikki who is currently sitting next to him.

"Nothing." Sasha was the one to answer without looking at anyone but her cup of coffee.

"Liar." Saint accused, though his eyes never leaving the ipad in his hand since it looks like he's reading something important.

"Oh God! It's too early. We are not doing this again." Sasha said, looking impatiently at everyone but skipping Nikki. "Whatever is going on outside the case, is no one's business. Okay? So please stop asking."