MISSION 28

The sound of beeping from the electrocardiogram that's connected to Nikki has becoming irritating to Sasha as time goes by. She just wanted for her to wake up because she can no longer see her like that. It worried her to death.

"She's going to be okay." Said the voice and when Sasha looked up, she was greeted by a weak smile of a familiar blonde girl. She remembered that they haven't been introduced properly.

"I'm Roseanna Park, by the way. I believe we haven't introduced yet. I mean, last night wasn't a great way to do it." The girl added as if she read her mind. "Or just call me Rosé."

Then the girl offered her hand but she only stared at it. The latter withdrew her hand right away, understanding that not everyone was glad to have a good meet and greet at this situation. She could already tell that there's more between the two girls rather than just camaraderie.

"How did you found me?" Sasha asked Rosé instead.

"Oh, that... uhmm, I was about to go to the event too but I forgot the name of the hotel Kru A told me to go, so I went back to the office where I left my invitation. I was there when the local police called to let him know that Nop escaped, I was the one to answer the call. Honestly, I knew all about how he felt toward you after you attacked him so out of instinct, I checked your information, where you are staying and went to your hotel. Just in case he showed up and there I saw him dragging you out. Gut feelings are real." Rosé explained as she kept her hands around her waist. A little proud of herself but she has the right to.

"I guess I have to thank you then. And to your gut feelings." Sasha said, now it's here turn to offer a hand to Rosé which the latter gladly take.

"Anytime."

"Though I still feel like shit. Every minute that passes, looking at Nikki~... I mean, Agent Armstrong, waiting for her to wake up, I feel worse. That damn bastard even in death he's making my life miserable."

"It'll pass soon. It seemed like she's too important to you." Rosé said, noticing how the rise and fall or Sasha's voice was all affected by her feelings towards the unconscious girl in the hospital bed.

"She is. More than anything." Sasha simply answered as she returned her eyes on Nikki. And this time, she noticed her eyes were squinting as some fingers in her hands made some motion.

"Nikki?" Sasha called her. "Hey. Can you call a doctor here or someone?" She turned to Rosé and the girl left right away without any words. Seconds after, Kru A came in with a hopeful expression.

"Babe? I'm here." Sasha returned her attention to Nikki whose eyes were close but showing a lot of movement in her eyeballs inside.

Few moments later, the girl slowly opened her eyes, just in time for the medical personnel to arrive and requested everyone for a space so they can examine Nikki.

Sasha watched in worry even if Nikki now gained her consciousness. There's a lot of things playing inside her head. What if Nikki suffered from amnesia since she saw how bad she was hit in the head. What if there's damage in her internal organs caused by the stab injuries Nop gave her? What if...

Oh shut up Sasha! You're overthinking and it's not helping! She scolded herself but she just couldn't help it.

"How is she, Doc?" Kru A was the one to ask.

"The patient is responsive and it seems like there's nothing to worry about serious matter. It was a minor concussion so we don't have to worry about any serious damage in the head. The stab wounds didn't inflict any threat on internal organs so you can all rest your concern." The doctor said before she turned again to Nikki and after few more checks, she and her team of nurses excused themselves.