one

hello hello hellooooooo! welcome to the continuation of utter chaos! i missed you all soooo much😊

before we begin, i became hyper aware of the situation currently happening in gaza during my break. as someone who has a decent platform, i wanted to share the link to donate (if possible) to the people in gaza. this is a terrible situation and i simply have no words for it. my tiktok account also has the exact link available🙏🍉

also to update y'all on my school situation: i've been accepted into 3/5 universities that i applied for, but the one i'm entering requires i move away from my hometown (expensive i know). because of this, updates on any future books will be sporadic BUT will be completely before june🤗

not proofread because of course it's not🙂

happy readings and stay safe besties! - salem🤍

TW: threats, swearing
word count: 3844

Five years later:

"Good morning, Nostia! I'm your host, Tiffany Evans, and thank you for tuning in! It's a very exciting day here in Nostia. For the first time in nearly sixty-five years, the palace has invited local media to talk to the future queen of Nostia, Princess Alexandra Wells in a non-event related interview. We're all very excited to finally sit down with the princess in her beloved palace. I'm sure Queen Y/n and Prince Stephen are equally as thrilled as the rest of us!"

"I cannot believe you talked me into this," Y/n mumbled as she looked out the window. All the reporters pulled into the gate and parked their cars. Y/n could see their booming self-absorption from here. "I know that hag Tiffany Evans has a shit-eating grin on her face. It brews hatred deep inside my soul."

"Tiffany Evans will unfortunately always be a pain to you and the general public," Stephen said and placed his hands on his wife's shoulders. "Alexandra is growing up. She only has thirteen years left before the public needs to respect her as their queen. You said it yourself that you didn't want them treating her like how they did with you. Speaking to the public was how they learned to follow you."

"No, my grandmother dying left them with no other choice. Those interviews after my coronation was a formality and I hated every second of them," Y/n said and shook her head. Stephen chuckled and rubbed his thumbs over her tense skin. "I'm sure secretly half of the country hated that parliament actually crowned me."

"I would hate for your death to be the only reason why the public likes Alexandra," Stephen said and leaned down, kissing her shoulder softly. Y/n hummed and shut her eyes slightly. "Besides, you are not dying on me anytime soon."

"Yes, I know. I do my scans and checkups with Doctor Gregory frequently," Y/n said and leaned her head against Stephen's. His arms wrapped protectively around her waist. "I have a bad feeling about this, Stephen. I don't trust the media."

"Think of them as a tool for us to use," Stephen said and hummed softly. He ducked down, letting his chin press gently against Y/n's shoulder. "They will spread whatever it is that we say, so we can use that to an advantage. Having Alexandra talk to them will make Nostians open their minds and heart to her. It wasn't too long ago when they did the same for you."

"I suppose," Y/n said and placed her hand on top of Stephen's. She squeezed his hand, not taking her eyes off the view from the window. "Did you get the questions that they were going to ask? I didn't see them on my desk."

"They going to ask her what her favorite color and activity are. I think Alexandra will be okay," Stephen said and smiled widely. He leaned over kissing the side of her head. "I'm sure after this they'd want to talk to Canaan and Elias too."