three

hello hello helloooooo! apologies for my absence, but work has me seeing stars at this point. i want to curl up in a ball and pass out for three days. someone pls bring me a coffee and an XL water😞

not proofread because i don't have the time✨🫶

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: fighting (?), jealousy
word count: 3363

Two days later:

"Good morning BAU team," Collin said and walked over to the bunch of agents. He interlocked his hands in front of him and smiled at each of them. Half of them were still asleep since it was four in the morning, but the spirit of enthusiasm was appreciated from the team. "The royal family is very pleased and grateful that you all were able to make the trip so suddenly to help them. They will be waiting to greet you and thank you personally once we've arrived at Walker Palace in Nostia."

"Since it's about a seven hour nonstop flight, the palace has ensured that you would be flying in the most luxurious aircraft made by proud Nostians," Agent Harris said and stepped forward. He gestured to the massive airplane behind them. "The staff onboard will happily serve you any beverages, food, or snacks during the entire duration of the flight. Please do not hesitate to ask for anything. This is just one of the many gifts that the royal family is providing."

"And breakfast will be served halfway through the flight," Agent Baker said and nodded his head. "Welcome aboard aircraft Regina, named and bought by Her Majesty, Queen Y/n."

"And you hesitated to take this job why?" Penelope not-so-lowly whispered over to Emily. The older woman smiled forcefully before urging the team to all head inside the plane. Collin could see her anxiety spike as she approached the steps that lead to the opened door. She was about to take a step when Collin grabbed her forearm from beside her.

"Prince Stephen has requested that you be given this prior to stepping on the aircraft," Collin said and reached into his pocket. He grabbed the envelope and handed it to Emily. She furrowed her eyebrows before thanking Collin and getting on the plane.

To say it was luxurious was an understatement. There were two pairs of white seats on either side of the isle with a footrest in front of them. The recliner option almost allowed all of them to sleep completely flat on the plane. Not to mention, the entire bar and miniature kitchen in the back of the plane.

The four other members of the team all sat right next to each other. Emily didn't mind having the complete row to herself in the back. She made her way over there and got as comfortable as possible in the seat. She looked down at the envelope in her hand with her name on it. Emily carefully opened the letter and unfolded the neatly tucked paper that was housed in there.

Agent Prentiss,

There aren't enough words in the English language to describe how grateful I am for this. Take this as a sign of good faith. You won't regret coming back.

Thank you for all that you do.

Best,

Stephen Alexander Wells.

Attached with a paperclip was a check written for an extra fifteen hundred U.S. dollars. In the corner of the check was a small portrait of Queen Y/n. In Nostia, all checks were required to have the small dedication to their monarch. It was so surreal to see Y/n forever frozen in time at twenty-seven years old on a check.

Unknowingly to Stephen, he brought back memories that were sacred to Emily in that moment. She remembered the way the queen's eyes nearly shut every time she laughed or smiled too loudly. She remembered the woman who simply wanted to be a good ruler for the nation that was forced onto her. She remembered all the small details that made Y/n herself. Emily subconsciously ran her thumb over the picture.