ten

midday update since i've been sleeping in. someone please call my work and tell them that i'm just a girl. i don't need this STRESS anymore🫤

not proofread because i've been asleep for the last 12 hours 🧍‍♀️

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: emotional cheating, jealousy, swearing
word count: 3626

"Good morning, Nostia! I'm your host, Tiffany Evans, and thank you for tuning in! Today is a rather important celebration in Walker Palace. Princess Alexandra Margaret Wells of Nostia is officially fifteen years old today! Prince Stephen has landed from working tirelessly in Oclain the last few weeks. We managed to catch a glimpse of the proud father before he disappeared into the palace. Queen Y/n must be overjoyed and reminiscing her own previous birthday balls when looking for the right suitor—that was until Prince Stephen came around. Nostia can only hope that Princess Alexandra will have her luck with love soon!"

"I want that woman beheaded," Y/n said as Salma stood behind her. The brunette woman was dressed in a gorgeous off-the-shoulder maroon gown. It hugged her body just perfectly and had a slit nearly up to her hip. It was paired with a gorgeous gold wrap-around heel and matching accessories. "How can she be so adamant about a fifteen year old finding love. I guarantee that she'll start talking about her biological clock by the time she's eighteen." 

"And I will kill her then if you give me the word," Salma said and ran her hands over Y/n's shoulders. "It would be an honor."

"I would never hear the end of your complaining if I needed to switch designers because of your devotion," Y/n said and placed her hands on top of Salma. "And I wouldn't like the idea of that either."

The two stepped back and admired the gorgeous black mermaid dress on Y/n. The dress was sparkling with rhinestones. The sleeves rested halfway on her shoulders. A simple gold necklace was worn around her neck.

"And, if I may speak freely, nobody would ever be able to make you look as perfect as I do," Salma said and smiled widely. "Oh, and your rings are right here whenever you wish to put them on."

Her wedding ring from Stephen.

And the moonflower ring from Emily.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"Enter," Y/n said and placed a ring on both her ring fingers. She turned and saw Agent Jareau standing there in strikingly blue, velvet dress. Similar to Salma's, the dress's slit was nearly too high but JJ made it work beautifully.

"Your Majesty, all the guests have arrived. The guards are closing the gates," JJ said and bowed her head. Her eyes widened at the stunning queen in front of her. "You look beautiful, Your Majesty."

"As do you, Agent Jareau," Y/n said and smiled at the blonde woman. "I have a few final touches. I'll be down in a second."

JJ nodded her head and left the room without another word. The final thing missing was her crown. Even if this was an event for her daughter, she was mandated to wear it. She never got a day off from being the queen, even if she wanted just one day to be a mother.

Salma hummed as she kissed both of Y/n's cheeks. She was proud of this look in particular for tonight.

"Let's go dance and celebrate your daughter," Salma said and smiled widely. The final touch of their masquerade masks were placed. The two linked arms and exited the room and towards the ballroom inside the palace.

When they got to the stairs, the entire security team was waiting for them. All of them had custom looks made by Salma and her team. JJ was made to wear this deep, bright blue dress. Penelope looked absolutely beautiful in purple, sleeveless dress. Tara wore the perfectly tailored muted turquoise suit. Luke looked very happy in his deep maroon suit. All of them had a matching masquerade mask sat perfectly on their faces.