six

hello hellooooo! apologies for the later update. i truthfully think that i'm going to move these updates to saturday just so i have a bit more time to catch up before i go to work😅

not proofread because it's me! hi! i'm the problem, it's meeeee🙂👋

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: anxiety, immense panic, fainting
word count: 3537

"Good morning, Nostia! I'm your host, Tiffany Evans, and thank you for tuning in! It's a rather important day here in Nostia. Today is Queen Y/n's speech for the late Queen Margaret's birthday. It's a special occasion when the public gets to see Queen Y/n step outside of the palace and head into town. Citizens of Nostia look forward to talking and seeing the queen, especially since she's been more reserved with her media presence after taking the throne. God bless the late Queen Margaret and Her Majesty, Queen Y/n."

"I'm not saying that," Y/n said and slammed down the papers onto the vanity in front of her. The makeup team all looked around at the public relations staff that seemed displeased by the queen's reaction. "'My parents' accident was secretly a blessing in disguise because Queen Margaret picked up the broken pieces of our country and made it stronger.' I should terminate whoever even thought that."

Salma busted through the doors and sighed dramatically. She pushed her sunglasses up onto the top of her head and walked towards the seated queen. She bowed her head before quickly handed one of the assistants behind her the bag she was carrying and shooed the makeup team away.

"I don't know how many times I had to relay the message, but Queen Y/n is, in fact, not wearing a bold lip during this event. We are going for a conservative look, not ballroom glam," Salma grabbed a wipe from the vanity stand. "I apologize for the incompetence, Your Majesty."

"They have an apology, now where is yours?" Y/n asked towards the staff responsible for the speech. The silence was nearly deafening. Y/n grabbed and tossed the paper behind her at one of them. "Go write me a speech that not only uplifts my grandmother but also doesn't slander my parents. I'm trusting your three brains have that capability. Everyone besides my designer, see yourself out immediately."

The group of people all bowed their heads before leaving the room without another word.

"Tell me, how hard is writing a speech supposed to be?" Y/n said and crossed her legs. "I'd prepare every speech myself if parliament didn't make a big spectacle out of it. I used to write my own speeches before the idea of having someone else write it came to their idiotic minds. I fear they may prevent me from walking on my own two legs and have someone carry me around."

"Lucky someone," Salma said jokingly and wiped away the lipstick from the queen's lips. The two felt an obvious thought hang over their heads. "Hopefully I'm not overstepping, but how is she?"

"She has a name," Y/n said without closing her lips.

"Ah, forgive me," Salma said sarcastically. She hummed and got the last bit of lipstick off. "Is it safe to assume that she's the reason you're all dark and moody? It's not good. Only one of us is allowed to be that and today is my day. It's Tuesday."

"You know that today is hard for me," Y/n said as Salma started shifting through the different colors of lipsticks. "It has nothing to do with her."

"But you have talked to each other about the obvious elephant in the room, right?" Salma asked and chuckled. When Y/n stayed quiet, the brunette's shoulders dropped. "I'm guessing it didn't go well."