fourteen

hello helloooooooo! midday update since your friendly neighborhood author was out being a chismosa and a toxica all night😌

not proofread because are we surprised?😅

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: NSFW suggested, angst (?), death threats
word count: 3529

"You seem stressed, Cameron," Charlie said and took a sip of his water. He hummed as he swallowed it and set the glass down on the table. "You're childless and single, so I know it's not home issues. I'm curious. Tell me what's troubling you."

"My lovely godson's wife is the very root of all my troubles, even more so because she's unfortunately part of my family," Cameron said and shook his head. Charlie lifted his eyebrows as he sat back in his seat. "Stephen told me that the reviews have caused her to retreat back to silence. A very prominent silence. Not very strong-willed of her, just as I expected. She cannot handle any form of criticism. She treats it like a personal attack."

"They were rather harsh for quarterly reviews. Previously, she's practically perfect on paper," Charlie said and shrugged his shoulders. "Not even Queen Margaret's reviews were that blunt."

"That is because Queen Margaret struck fear into all of our hearts. We were never able to be critical of her without turning into stone. Queen Y/n, however, is not doing anything. She hasn't been for a while now. She is being a coward just like I suspected she'd be," Cameron said and scoffed. He tilted his head to the side as he clenched his jaw. "She may have the title and bloodline for it, but she is no queen, not to me. She's just the woman that was lucky enough to marry my godson."

"Where is this coming from, Cameron?" Charlie said and squinted his eyes behind his sunglasses at his friend. "You used to adore her, damn nearly worshipped her. You know, prior to our influence in the royal marriage. Are there unresolved feelings?"

"It's very apparent that she is my brother's daughter. A weakling at her best and no better than the dirt on my shoe at her worse," Cameron said and pressed his hand against his mouth. "I took care of my godson because his parents wanted a bright future for him. I knew exactly what he needed to live a good life. I raised him like he was my own so he could marry into the royal family and have a future that commoners dreamed about. Now, he's married to the most condemned woman in the country. She's no queen. She needs to be broken and bent to fit the shape that a queen needs to be."

"I believe she was doing just that," Charlie said and crossed his arms. "You have to see that she's trying, Cameron. That part you can't ignore. She may not be the best queen we've worked with, but she has what it takes, don't you think?"

"She's distracted right now, Charlie," Cameron said and placed either arm down on the chair's arm rests. "Our little problem is back. The one named Emily Elizabeth Prentiss, former head of security."

"What does an American have to do with this? I thought your distain for Queen Y/n rooted in her incompetence?" Charlie asked and furrowed his eyebrows. "Or are you just bitterly antagonizing any woman in that palace now?"

"Oh, Charlie, your ignorance is something I loathe. Queen Y/n and Agent Prentiss have a unique relationship that almost resembles the one that your daughter allegedly had with the queen," Cameron said and grinded his teeth together. Charlie's confused smile slowly faded. "And she is still very much married to my godson. Do you see the problem?"

"You said she was our problem," Charlie said and cocked his head to the side. "Last I remember, our interference was only with Queen Y/n to get her to marry Stephen and away from Isla."