twenty

well well well, congratulations on making it to the very end of this book and series! i'm absolutely delighted that you all have enjoyed it as much as i have😇

i'm truly blessed to have so many lovely readers these last few years. you guys inspired me in ways i cannot even describe. who knows, after grad school, i might look into taking these little fanfics further👀

again, there will be no spoilers because they contain spoilers. if you're hesitant to read, please drop a comment and i will gladly tell you what's ahead😌

as always, not proofread because it's the last chapter, why would i start now?✨

happy readings and stay safe besties! - salem🤍

word count: 8760

"Y/n," a voice shouted out. Stephen opened his eyes at the mention of his wife.

He saw Emily in the driver's seat, trying desperately to turn her head and see if anyone was back there. Emily was calling out for Y/n, who wasn't even in the car. In her state of shock, she searched for one person and one person only.

"Prentiss?" Stephen called out weakly. He tried to reach out to her but couldn't move his arms. Stephen couldn't even turn his head further than it already was. "A—Alexandra?"

The constant ringing in his ear distorted any sense of the outside world. All Stephen could worry about was Alexandra. He wasn't sure if she was awake, if she was still breathing in that backseat.

"Alexandra?" Emily called out. She reached down and managed to free herself from the seatbelt. Emily tried to push open the door, but it was no use. The impact from the other car completely eliminated the ability to open it. "Stephen, are you alright? Can you hear me?"

"Check on Alexandra," Stephen said in a panic. Emily managed to maneuver her way out of her seat and through the center space. The amount of adrenaline coursing through her veins prevented her from noticing the extent of her injuries. Not that she even cared at this moment, her focus was on Alexandra.

Emily landed in the backseat and grunted in pain as she scrapped her arm against some of the broken glass. She reached over, placing two fingers on Alexandra's neck. She felt the steady pace of the blood flowing through her body. Emily let out a sigh in relief.

"Thank you," Emily mumbled as she grabbed onto the door handle to the right of her. Since this side didn't have any impact, it opened easily. Emily rolled to her side and pulled herself out of the car.

The rush of blood to her head made her hearing muffle. Her body turned cold. She looked around and saw several cars coming towards them. All of them had the small Nostian flag flying on the left side.

They were royal cars.

"Prentiss," a distorted Tara shouted as she opened the car door. She barely waited for it to stop before she took off running towards Emily. JJ barely parked the car before she jumped out and took off running to Emily.

In Emily's eyes, there were four different Taras and JJs running up to her.

"Tara! JJ! Alexandra is—Stephen's—" Emily mumbled as she started to sway back and forth. The pressure in her head was too much. Emily's arms went numb as she felt her eyes roll back. Her entire body didn't try to fight the force of the adrenaline dying down.

Lucky, Tara managed to make over to Emily before she passed out. She grabbed her and carefully pulled her down to the floor.

"Emily? Emily!" Tara shouted as she forcefully opened Emily's eye. Tara pressed two fingers against her carotid artery.