Ask Her to Dance

This is 2 requests for @CHICKENRED7777! I have a few more to do.

Emerald High was the best high school in Mobius. If you needed proof, all you had to do was ask Miles 'Tails' Prower, a simple teenage fox with two tails- hence his nickname, Tails. A brain box at maths, design technology and mechanics, he was one of the most popular boys in the entire school. He had so many friends. This was mostly down to being Sonic's best friend, but also because of his undeniable cuteness. Since Sonic was taken up by Amy Rose- and woe betide anyone who tried to win him over- almost all the girls were crazy for him.

However, their efforts were in vain, because Tails was already in love. Cream, a beige-coloured rabbit, was a polite and well-mannered friend to everyone she met. She was also one of the cutest girls Tails had ever seen, having joined at the same time he did. They had only been separated all that time because they were in different classes. Cream was better at English and Cooking, but Tails would always compliment her on her work if he saw it. Cream didn't have many friends, but the ones she did have were very close to her- and VERY protective.

Tails' crush on her had only grown over the years he'd been at Emerald High, but tonight was Prom Night. And both of them were leaving the school- this time for good.

So here he was, dressed in a white t-shirt with red stripes and blue jeans to fit the prom theme- in this case, tropical. He went in straight away, and saw that most of his friends had arrived already. Sonic was there, along with Amy, Silver, Jack, his girlfriend Lily, and Knuckles and Tikal. Cream, however, arrived shortly after, in a green dress. Tails saw it as a little odd, but as she walked into the middle of the floor and started dancing on her own, she started attracting others onto the floor, the first being Jack and Lily, then Amy, and all the rest-except for Tails, who went to the mock tail bar and ordered. He occasionally stared at Cream, utterly captivated by her beauty. No joke, Tails was smitten.

"You should ask her to dance, Tails," a voice said behind him.

Tails turned around to see Sonic sitting beside him.
"I'm scared to ask. What if she says no?" Tails replied.
"At leat try," Sonic encouraged him. "If you really love her, now's the time to prove it! Couple dance starts now."

As such, a lot of people were pairing up to dance.
"Alright..." Tails said.

Tails walked up to Cream who turned to him curiously. "Oh, it's you. Hi Tails!" she said.
"Hi, Cream. I was wondering if you would..." he started to hesitate.
"Yes?" Cream nodded for him to continue, smiling at him.
"Cream... would you care to dance with me?" Tails said at last, a coy look on his face.
"Of course I will! No one asked me to be their date, so yes!" Cream squealed.

Tails took Cream's hand and led her out and they gently began to sway to the music. 'Shine' came on and Tails had an idea. He began to sing as he and Cream danced.

*I don't own this song!*
I remember us alone
Waiting for the light to go
Don't you feel that hunger
I've got, so many secrets to show
When I saw you on that stage
I shivered with the look you gave
Don't you hear that rhythm
Can you show me how we can escape

[Pre-chorus:]
I was biting my tongue
I was trying to hide
I'll forget what I've done
I'll be redefined

[Chorus:]
It's shaking the sky and I'm following lightning
I'll recover if you keep me alive
Don't leave me behind, can you see me, I'm shining
And it's you that I've been waiting to find

[2x]
I'm holding it all tonight
I'm folding it all tonight
You know that you make it shine
It's you that I've been waiting to find

Now that we can hear that sound
Now that you can hold me down
You can pull me under
You can raze everything to the ground
Everything I can arrange
Every part of me you change
Just hold me together
Tell me, you'll always want me to stay