A Birthday to Remember

Tails woke up this morning with a feeling of happiness. Today was his birthday, and he couldn't wait to see what his friends had got him. Particularly one, that being his girlfriend, Cream, who he'd loved since high school.

He could imagine it in his mind, but not fully. All he really wanted was a new video game called Case 2: Animatronics Survival. Based on he and Cream's history with the first game, it seemed the perfect thing for both of them, and to scare the others in Team Sonic. He still looked forward to what his friends got for him besides that.

Team Sonic piled into Tails' house around 1Pm, and laid their wrapped gifts on the floor. Well, at least most of Team Sonic. All but Cream. Tails was a little confused, but assumed she was hiding. One of the presents was pretty big, so it could be her inside it.

Tails opened his presents, and Sonic got him a jar of gummy bears. Jack got him some mechanical equipment, such as a plane engine, a scanner and more. All of the gifts were so thoughtful, picked out just for him, but none of them were Case:2. When Tails' asked, Sonic said "We all went out to Mobius Mall together, in different shops, with Jack on guard in case Teeth or Oak showed up.
"Did they?" Tails asked.
"Once. Never again," Jack replied.

The cake was largely made with Tails' face in the middle, with rings around the edges. Sadly, however, the massive present wasn't Cream, leaving Tails to wonder why she hadn't turned up. After all, it was his 18th birthday. At least, until Team Sonic left his house, when he saw a green envelope on the table. He opened it and found a birthday card for him. It read: "If you want to remember your birthday forever, come to my house and I have quite a few presents waiting for you! Love Cream."

Tails' face lit up. "So Cream did remember my birthday! If she wants me round her house, her gifts are bound to be good!"

Tails was practically skipping towards Cream's house, and when he rang the doorbell, he accidentally triggered it twice. When Vanilla, Cream's mother came to the door, she said "One time is enough."
"Sorry about that. I'm just excited to see what Cream got me for my birthday!" Tails replied sheepishly.
"In that case, she's upstairs," Vanilla told him.

Tails went straight upstairs and heard Cream.
"Oh Tails!" she called.
"Hi Cre..." Tails trailed off when he saw her. She was bedazzled in bright gold on her dress.
"Cream..." Tails said. "You didn't have to go this far..."
"Well, I did, because it's your 18th. As such, I bought you some great gifts for it," Cream responded.
"What are we waiting for? Let's see them!" Tails exclaimed, and Cream led him into her bedroom.
"Whaaa?" Tails said. The fox boy's eyes widened at the sheer amount of wrapped presents on Cream's bed, piled high, with a small one curiously on top.
"What are you waiting for?" Cream said. "Open them, and save the one on top for last!"
Tails didn't even ask why she said that, and opened the presents, trying his best not to make them fall on top of him. Cream had bought him the Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 and 2, as well as the Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 and 2, as well as a cushion saying "In a world where you can be anything, be your very own wonderful self."
"Awww Cream," Tails said. "Thanks for all this. How did you find all this?"
"I bought them in advance, and only settled for the best copies," Cream answered, hugging the fox boy. Tails blushed, and kept opening them, with the best yet to come.

Finally, the only one left was the small one. Tails looked at it. It was rectangular, something was shaking inside it, and it looked like a book.
"Someone's curious!" Cream giggled. Tails opened it, and, sure enough, it was a game he'd hoped for.
"Case Animatronics 2!" Tails exclaimed.
"Or, Case 2: Animatronics Survival. Bought it on the day it was released for your 18th. You should know why."
The game indeed was rated 16, which it definitely shouldn't have been based how much the last game scared him- half to death to be precise. The fact that Cream bought it as well was just typical, as she thought Tails getting scared was cute. His first scare on the game was Cream made her presence known.

However, she was an invaluable comfort to him when he played it, or any horror game.
"You really love torturing me, don't you?" Tails joked.
"Yep. And I'm proud of it!" Cream answered.
"Even so, you made my birthday the best ever! Thank you Cream."
"Now for the 'remember it forever' part!" Cream announced. "Let's play it!"
"I was hoping you'd say that!" Tails chuckled, as he booted up the Xbox One in Cream's bedroom, kissing her tenderly as he did, which she returned happily and passionately.

It really was... a birthday to remember.

Done another! In case you're wondering who Jack is, he's my avatar character from Sonic Forces. For those of you who are PC players, you can download Case 2: Animatronics Survival here: https://store.steampowered.com
Next time: The sequel to Taking a Sick Day. What will Tails do when a case of flu makes Cream mute? It's coming soon, so be on the lookout!