The First Date

Finally! This also features two requests, just like the first one!

Tails was just a simple teenage kid at Emerald High... until he met Cream, and asked her to dance with him on Prom Night. This led to a full-on relationship with her, which was Tails' dream come true. Cream always sent Tails' heart on an uncontrollable spiral every time he saw her, and it was only when Tails asked Cream to dance that Cream realised why she couldn't get a boy: she was already in love but didn't realise it.

However, Cream's mother, Vanilla, wanted to see Tails, being concerned when Cream told her she'd fallen for him. Luckily, it was a Saturday, so Tails had a lot of time on his hands.

Tails knocked on Cream's door, and Vanilla greeted him. Tails said "Hi! You must be Vanilla."
"Yes, I am," she answered. "Cream's told me all about you, and from the way she did, she's obviously infatuated with you. But, I need to ask you some questions to make sure you're okay for her."

Tails was a bit shocked by this, but he complied with Vanilla.
"Why do you like Cream?" she asked.
"She's a nice kid!" Tails replied a little too quickly. "She's just so cute, and polite, and she's the only one for me."
"Why did you kiss her in the school parking lot?" Vanilla asked.
"To be honest, I didn't intend for that. Instead, Cream kissed me, and I kissed her back," Tails said, reminiscing on the prom night when that happened. "I guess it was because I protected her from some bullies."
Vanilla smiled a little. She couldn't be more proud of her little girl for finding the perfect boy for her.
"And lastly, what do you plan to do in the future?"
"Go on dates together. Hugging, kissing and maybe, once we're old enough... get married and..." he trailed off, assuming Vanilla wouldn't be happy with what he was about to say.
But she simply said "Carry on."
"Once we're married and ready for it, have kids of our own," Tails said.
"That's lovely," Vanilla said. "Cream! You can come down now!"

Cream ran downstairs and wrapped Tails in a tight hug.
"What did you think of him?" Cream asked.
"He seems fine to me," Vanilla replied. "You can have him. He's one of the most kind-hearted boys I've ever met."

"Now then, Vanilla," Tails began.
"Is it okay to take Cream out for the night?"
"Where do you plan to go?" Vanilla asked.
"Enchantment Land," Tails said.
"Is this a date, then?" Cream asked hopefully.
"You bet!" Tails replied.
"I can't wait!" Cream squealed. Tails was about to ask Cream if she wanted to go, but she answered before he could say it.
"Eager as ever..." Tails thought.

At 6:00 PM, Cream decided to get dressed for the date. Tails hadn't really given her any idea what he wanted for her, probably because he didn't really care what she wore, but she was still choosing what to wear. She eventually decided to go for a cyan dress which she hadn't worn for a long time.

Tails, however, was even more indecisive about what to wear. He knew it was going to be pretty cold, so he'd thought to wear a jacket. He settled for a blue one, and the blue jeans that bore a striking resemblance to the ones he wore to the prom. But they weren't. With himself dressed, he waited by the door. Vanilla was about to tell Cream to hurry up, but Tails stopped her.
"Let her take her time," he said. "If she's taking this long, she must be thinking really hard about what to wear."

Cream had indeed. With a cyan dress on and a white body warmer around it, she was ready. Tails was immersed in the sight of her. "Tails? Tails!" Cream shouted, snapping him back into reality.
"Are we ready?" Cream giggled, knowing that Tails had gone into fantasy mode.
"Y...yeah! Of course!" Tails said, still not quite recovered. They left, Tails and Cream heading towards Tails' plane, the Cyclone.
"You brought the plane!" Cream said. "Mother won't let me in your plane!"
"That's why I brought it. You don't have to fly it," Tails explained, pulling a remote out of the cockpit and pressing a button on it. Instantly, the plane changed into a car. "Now, we can go," Tails said.