A Beach Lifesaver

Beaches were great. They were even better if you owned one. Well, Tails did, and every summer, he went there for the holidays, when he could get away from Emerald College. Being in his early teens right now, he had decided to take his girlfriend, Cream, to the beach this time, and so far, things had been going great.

They had been spending the day together, surfing some waves, going out on Tails' own yacht, and were currently working on building an epic sandcastle, using pebbles for windows and drawing out lines for a drawbridge with a stick that Tails had found earlier. Cream's architectural skills for the turrets surprised Tails- it made him even more happy that she was his girlfriend.

"There!" Cream announced. "Looks great, doesn't it?"
"As always," Tails said. "But you know what would make it even better?"
"What?" Cream said, excited that Tails would be adding more to her- as she called it- 'Sand Fortress'.
"Sea shells for more windows!" Tails answered.
"That sounds beautiful!" Cream replied. " I'll get my stuff!" she said, before kissing Tails tenderly on the cheek and heading to the nearby villa, which was included as part of the beach. Tails followed her, and they both emerged later, Cream wearing a yellow swimsuit and goggles, and Tails wearing cyan trunks.

They headed towards the water, and Cream swam out, as she was wearing goggles, and dived under, coming back up with two bright red seashells. Tails, however, stood only deep enough so that his two namesakes were only slightly wet, and came up with two yellow ones. He found some conch shells as well, but by the time he did, his hands were full.

"Cream, wait a little. I just have to put these by our stuff! I'll be back as soon as I can!" he said.
"Alright Tails!" Cream replied. "I look forward to seeing what you got," she added, blowing him a kiss. She then noticed a sparkling shell further from where she was swimming, and swam out- unaware that it wasn't where she could still touch the sea floor.

Then it got worse. Tails turned from the towels that he and Cream brought out and saw a giant wave heading towards Cream.
"Cream! Look out!" Tails exclaimed to warn her, but she was underwater and couldn't hear him. Suddenly, when she turned to swim up, and realised she couldn't touch the sea floor, and once she did manage to get her head out of the water, the massive wave hit her, knocking her out and making her fall into the water with a worrying splash.

"CREAMMMM!" Tails cried, and flew out to save her. "Please don't drown! Please don't drown!" Tails repeated, then gasped when he saw Cream under the water, unconscious. Her mouth was open, letting water into her mouth, and Tails instantly flew down to save her, but without goggles or a snorkel, his only choice was to close his eyes and move his arms around until he could touch her. He slid his arms around her waist and airlifted her out and started heading back to shore.

Tails set her down gently on her towel and administered CPR to her by using rescue breathing on her, but to no avail. Tails checked her. Cream was breathing weakly but was thankfully still alive. He went into the villa and brought out a defibrillator, but it wasn't charged enough to jumpstart her breathing properly.

Tails had one thing left to try. With tears in his eyes, he pleaded "Please work! I love you! I couldn't love anyone else more than I love you!"
He kissed her in an attempt to start her heart- and it did.

Cream sat up, knocking Tails off of her, breathing heavily. "I'm sorry I suggested getting seashells!" Tails apologised. "I shouldn't have left you alone!"
Cream just kissed him. Tails' ice-blue eyes widened when Cream kissed him. As the shock eased a little, he closed his eyes and gave her a soft kiss in return, caressing her neck. Suddenly, he felt tears running down his face. They were in fact Cream's tears of joy.

When the kiss ended, Tails finally saw Cream's loving smile.
"Don't be. It's over now. And thank you... for saving me," Cream said. "And despite the outcome of this, I still had a great time with you."
"I would never leave you, Cream. I would save you from anything," Tails told her. "Not just bullies..."

With that, Tails lay down on his towel, as did Cream on hers. He slowly rolled to his side, and wrapped Cream in a strong embrace.

I know I said Ask Her to Dance part 2 was coming up next, but, I got this one a few days prior to when I was going to write next. However, part two will be coming next, titled The First Date.