A Lesson In Parenting

Another request for @r4151n

It had happened. Sonic and Amy, Tails and Cream, and Knuckles and Tikal, had tied the knot and become couples. Every single member of Team Sonic had come to see these three events, with Knuckles and Tikal being married first, Sonic and Amy second, and Tails and Cream third. Well, Tails had been debating it, but when Sonic married Amy, he was given a huge confidence boost and managed to do it.

Two years had passed since these three events, and today was each couple's wedding anniversary. They had decided on a triple date to a Chao garden. Of course, Cream brought her Chao companion, Cheese with her, but as of now, Tikal had one with her, since she lived on Angel Island with Knuckles, and Amy had one too. Sonic and Knuckles knew this, but had never actually seen the Chaos much since they married. Cheese was new to the two Chao, and had been getting on well with them, and had even introduced them to the other Chao in the garden. They were currently with their respective owners, with Tails next to Cream, Sonic next to Amy, and Knuckles next to Tikal.
"How did you find Cheese?" Tails asked out of interest.
"Well, when I was about 8 years old, Mother got it for me, and it was love at first sight," Cream told him.
"On the same day, I bought him the red bow tie. However, he had a strong urge to protect me because I cared about him so much, so when Eggman attacked me, he rammed his hammer tank, but to no avail, as I told you at the time."

"You know, you two have a really strong bond. I wish I had a bond like that..." Tails said.
"Well, you do," Cream replied. "You're Sonic's best friend, and if you're talking about a Chao, I'd be happy to get you one, or you can help take care of Cheese. What do you think?"
Tails paused.
"I'll have a think," he said.

Sonic meanwhile, had been touched by how close Amy was to her Chao, which she called Primrose.
"How have I only seen this Chao once, and now you bring it out again?" Sonic asked.
"Well, the last date we did would've been too much for Primrose, since it was at Enchantment Land. And since you went on the Cranium Shaker again she wouldn't forget it," Amy said.
"Oh come on Amy! Primrose wouldn't have been on it, so she'd have nothing to worry about!" Sonic replied.
"You have no idea how precious Chao hearts can be," Amy answered. "That ride would have left her scarred for life if she even just saw it."
"I guess so. And the last date was interrupted by Eggman," Sonic reminded her, a little annoyed at that. He'd taught Eggman a lesson he'd never forgotten, to the point where he wouldn't dare to interrupt any of Team Sonic's dates.

Knuckles, however, knew that there were several Chao on Angel Island, as was surprised how Tikal had chosen just one. Her Chaos' name was Pachacamac, in memory of her father.
"There's so many on Angel Island. How did you choose just one?" Knuckles asked.
"I didn't," Tikal told him. "I let the Master Emerald choose one. And I couldn't be happier with its choice. There was a little bit of difficulty in gaining its trust since I was part of the clan that sacrificed Chao and angered Chaos though."
"I should've guessed that," Knuckles sighed. "I would've helped you, but I thought the Chao would accept you. I guess it didn't forgive and forget."

Tails, meanwhile, had been putting together his answer for Cream. If there was one thing he knew both he and Cream wanted, it was a family of their own. But he also had no experience of living with a Chao. However, with Cream by his side and the feeling that it would give him experience when Cream had kids, he made up his mind and said "Yes, Cream. I will."

Unfortunately, in his answer, he kind of overdid it, talking about being a 'father' for Cheese and explaining why he decided to do it, including the experience he thought he'd get. And with that, Sonic and Knuckles asked their wives if they could do the same. Amy and Tikal thought "What could be so hard?" and said yes.

However, it was a lot harder than the boys pictured it. Sonic had told Primrose no to get caught between him and Amy due to her temper, but somehow ended up almost getting swept down a river and trying to reach the height of what turned out to be a Buzz Bomber, which Sonic destroyed when it went for her. After that, Primrose (and Sonic) got in big trouble about that.

Knuckles, meanwhile, had made the mistake of teaching Pachacamac to guard the Master Emerald if he had to fight Eggman after feeding the Chao fruit. Too much, for Pachacamac feel asleep after, and Knuckles wasn't happy about that. Tikal eventually had to tell him why.

Tails and Cream's time with Cheese was fine. At least, until Cream and her mother, Vanilla, went to see Dune Part Two and left Cheese with Tails. He didn't know what to do with him, and he knew to feed him Chao fruit, so he just went upstairs and played Five Nights at Freddy's 4, recording a video for his YouTube channel. It would have been fine, if Cheese hadn't checked that Tails was okay after hearing his scream when Nightmare Chica jumpscared him for the third and final time. After Tails had published it to YouTube, he went to find Cheese and found that he had bolted for Cream's bedroom, and found him quivering under the blanket in sheer terror.
"Oh no. I forgot to lock my room door! Cheese must have seen an animatronic kill me!" Tails said, realising his mistake. He tried to calm Cheese down, but at the same time, he heard Cream and Vanilla return. He gulped, and while Vanilla went through to the lounge, Cream came upstairs and saw Cheese quivering in Tails' arms.
"Why is Cheese so scared?" Cream asked, and Tails had to fess up, and Cream told him to only play horror games when she was there with him, as she would usually lock his room's door for him.

Overall, Sonic, Tails and Knuckles hadn't been great fathers for the Chaos, but had learned something from it for sure. For Sonic, it was to check for Badnik threats wherever you sent your kids. For Knuckles, it was to make sure your kids were fully awake before you taught them something. And for Tails it was to keep his room locked when playing horror games, and only play them with Cream. It would be a long time before any of the couples would consummate their relationship, but they'd definitely apply what they'd learned when they did.

One-shot done! Hope you like it!
You know, I was wondering when I'd get a Sonic EXE one-shot! It's coming up next time, set in Sonic EXE: The Spirits of Hell Round 2\Sally EXE: The Whisper of Soul!