A Special Delivery

Tails sat in the waiting room of the hospital, waiting for his wife, Cream, to come back. However, he was also very excited. He and Cream had consummated their love a few months back, and afterwards, a noticeable bulge had formed on Cream's stomach. Now, she was in the process of finding out what it was, though she knew what it presumably was.

And she was right. She came out, ran into Tails' chest and hugged him tight.
"Woah, Cream! Slow down! You almost bowled me over!" Tails said.
"I'm so happy!" Cream squealed. "But I won't tell you in the hospital. Let's get to the parking lot first." Once there, Tails asked "What happened?"
"Well... Tails..." Cream stuttered. "I'm... I'm pregnant."
"So... I'm going to be a dad?!" Tails replied excitedly.
"Yes! We're going to have a baby!"Cream exclaimed at last. "A girl, to be precise."

Of course, Tails' excitement of being called 'Daddy Tails' (or at least that was what he said) couldn't be hidden. Word spread around the whole of Team Sonic in no time, and everyone was congratulating both Cream and Tails on their child. Amy was particularly excited, as she had announced her pregnancy a week before Cream had, and Tikal a few more. Initially, all three of them were going to have a lot on their hands once they gave birth, but for now, this paled in comparison to warm feeling of this joyous occasion, and fatherhood and motherhood for three couples.

Eventually, that day came to an end, and everyone went for a restful night of sleep. Tails could hardly wait for his child to be born, and it kept him awake for about half an hour, before Cream's arms around his furry torso settled him down to sleep, and his namesakes wrapped around the front of her body, creating a cocoon of warmth around her.

Cream hung out with Amy and Tikal a lot more for the next few days, and they set a bet on who would have their kids first. Tikal voted for Cream, Amy voted for Tikal, and Cream voted for Amy. Of course, word spread again and the boys ended up doing it, with Tails voting for Sonic, Knuckles voting for Sonic and Sonic voting for Tails. There wasn't any money at stake, but it was just for fun.

One night, however, Cream felt a sharp pain grip her stomach that made her twist and groan. Tails heard it and immediately sat up in bed.
"You ok?" he asked hopefully.
"Yeah..." Cream said, sitting up, before the pain came again. And again.
"Wait, no. No. Definitely not! I think... I think she's coming!"

Tails ran out and got everyone in Team Sonic involved. Tails carried Cream out, and Sonic and Knuckles took her to hospital in Sonic's car, and her mother, Vanilla rushed to hospital in the Tornado, with Tails piloting it. Amy was also on her way to the hospital along with Tikal, but only because they were close to giving birth, since Cream was.

Tails and the rest waited outside in the waiting room of the hospital, Tails becoming increasingly worried about Cream. She was pushing as hard as she possibly could, her pain burning through her veins.

Team Sonic were trying their best to comfort Tails, but it wasn't working. Eventually, he had to help her.
"I can't leave Cream alone to suffer like this," he told them.
"But you can't!" Amy replied. "It's not allowed! I would have worked with her, but because I'm pregnant, I can't!"
"Hold up, Amy," Sonic chimed in. "Tails is the father, so he should be allowed."
"And Cream needs her husband to help her the most," Knuckles added.
"Ok..." Amy reluctantly conceded to Tails' wishes.
Tails came in and saw Cream crying out, with tears flowing down her eyes. She faintly saw the fox boy enter, but didn't even look. Tails' heart began to ache in sympathy for the poor girl, but it didn't last long. A noticeable yellow-coloured female fox was soon huddled in Cream's arms, with Tails next to her. Cream's muscles loosened as if she'd dropped a heavy object. Her eyes were heavy and she was panting, the sweat from the strength she'd exerted all over her body.

Tails opened the door and said "It's over!"
The rest of Team Sonic came in, and a warm, truly motherly expression light up Cream's face. Tails curled up next to her, and Cream turned around and kissed him. Tails closed his eyes and kissed her back. Her joy couldn't be expressed in words. The young baby fox watched a little inquisitively as the two did so, then looked at her father as the couple parted.
"Tails..." Cream panted. "Thank you for being in my life. Thanks to you, we now have a family. And you being beside me was a huge help."
"I should really thank you," Tails responded. "You had her, and I was just supporting you. But you being in my world is a blessing. I will always love you, and our daughter."

Once Cream had recovered, Sonic bought a pushchair and Tails and Cream took her home from the hospital.
"By the way you two, have you thought of a name?" Sonic asked.
"Taffy," Cream replied.
"Taffy. Taffy Prower," Sonic said. Has a nice ring to it."

One-shot done! I have 3 more coming up, and here's the order:

Dark Tails: Only Taffy Prower, Lucky Bee and Cream can save Tails when Pibby Glitch corrupts him!
A Race For Love:Tails must win a Grand Prix in order to tell Cream how he feels (from Sonic Free Riders).
A Lesson in Parenting: Sonic, Tails and Knuckles get more than they bargained for when they offer to be the 'father's' of Cream, Amy and Tikal's Chao!
Watch out for those when they come out!