Cream's Birthday Present

Tails woke up and saw Sonic in front of him. He was carrying a gift box.
"Why have you got a gift box?" he asked.
"You did remember, didn't you?" Sonic asked.
Tails looked with horror at the calendar in his room.
"I forgot Cream's birthday! No! She's gonna kill me!" Tails exclaimed.

Tails got ready as quickly as he possibly could, rushed out the door and pondered his thoughts.
"I forgot Cream's birthday... how could I? If I don't get her a present, that could end our relationship!" Tails thought.
"I still have a few hours left. Time to go shopping! Where would Cream go to get gifts?" Tails thought, and then thought, "Right. I know! I'll get her a board game. Cream loves those!"

Tails flew over to Board Game Heaven, Mobius' biggest board game store and looked for one.
"Oh, a HeroQuest Quest pack! What luck!" Tails said. "I'll get that!"
However, at the checkout, it turned out to be £99.99!
"Ugh!" Tails said. "Alright, why does everything that Cream likes have to cost so much! Never mind, I'll find her some clothes. And this time, where there's more than one shop!"

A few hours later, Tails walked into Mobius Mall, and looked like he'd been crossing the Sahara Desert without water for days. Inside the huge complex of shops, he found Cream's favourite clothes shop, Best Fit, and went in. This time, the sales were there to match. Tails found a beautiful crimson dress for Cream that would fit her perfectly. He paid for it and left the mall, and instantly heard a "Hey!" from behind. Tails turned around and saw a face he wasn't too happy to see at all.
"Teeth?" he gasped.
"Yeah! I won't go after you," he said, grabbing Cream's new dress- and ripping it apart in his mouth.
"But I'll have that if you don't mind!" he laughed, before leaving.
"Heartless..." Tails growled. "Absolutely... heartless." He went back in the mall and went back in.

The only thing he could afford now was a diamond necklace in Chaos Jewellery, with the centre being carved in the shape of a heart.
"I have one now! Time to get back home and hide it until Cream's birthday!" Tails said, and flew back home. He didn't hide it until he and the rest of Team Sonic went round Cream's house, and hid it in he and Cream's room, which they both shared.

However, when the celebration rolled around, Tails couldn't find it anywhere!
"No, no, no, NO!" Tails whispered. "Ugh! Once I find the perfect gift, I lose it! I'll have to tell her the truth... unless..." Tails got an idea. He'd show Cream the creepiest game he knew of on her favourite game, that being Roblox. Tails hid himself from Cream's birthday party, and Cream got curious, and thought something was wrong.

She came upstairs with a slice of cake for Tails, and asked "Why didn't you come down?"
"Cream..." Tails began.
"I forgot your birthday. I'm sorry."
Cream looked hurt. A tear started to form.
"Here's... the best I could come up with..."
"Roblox?" Cream asked. "Tails, is this some kind of joke?"
"Just watch," Tails said, as he loaded up The Rake Remastered.

Tails spawned in the Base Camp during the day, and went to see if the power was out. It was, so he reactivated it. At first, Cream was unsure, but when night fell, it turned comedic.

From there, Cream was laughing all the way through, as Tails got repeatedly jumpscared by the Rake when it saw him and he ran away from it. If not, Cream would laugh even more when the Rake killed Tails, as that jumpscare scared him even more.

Finally, Tails got tired of the game, and switched it off.
"Why didn't you get me a gift?" Cream asked.
"I tried to," Tails said. "The first one was too expensive, the second was ripped apart by Teeth, and the last one I lost."
"Oh," Cream said. "But what you just did was perfec... ow!"
"What happened? Are you okay?" Tails asked.

"I'm fine! My foot just hit something underneath the bed," Cream answered.
"Let me see," Tails said, and saw something under the bed. When he pulled it out, he almost passed out.
It was the diamond necklace that he bought.

"What was it?" Cream inquired.
"Happy birthday Cream!" Tails shouted, holding the necklace up. "I found the present I got for you."
"Oh Tails!" Cream said. It's beautiful!"
"Glad you like it..." Tails said, as Cream wrapped him in a tight hug, showing her thanks for the gift.
"How did you get a heart in the middle?" she asked, still hugging him.
"I got it from Chaos Jewellery, and asked for it. And Amy works there, so she made it for me," Tails answered.

"I actually have two presents," Cream said.
"Two?" Tails replied, confused.
"You, Tails. You're everything to me. I couldn't think of a better gift than you. There's nothing else I would want more in the world than you."
"Awww.... Thanks Cream," Tails answered, blushing.

And there the two were, sitting on Tails' bed, wrapped in a loving embrace.

One-shot done! Hope you like it! Next time, I've got another birthday one, only for Tails! Watch this space!