Chapter 17 ~ bad luck comes in three ~

Champ and Liam slept cocooned in each other's arms oblivious to the drama which had been unfolding and Ian had followed Lon to Kiri and Kan's house where he found Phikhuam sitting in the lounge with his suitcase by the door, his eyes puffy and red from crying all night.

Kiri had offered the use of his helicopter to take Phikhuam to the airport so he could return to Thailand and he said that it was on the way but there was a delay. 

When Ian walked into the lounge, everyone made themselves scarce while the two young men talked.

"I guess you're leaving then?" Ian said.

"there's nothing for me to stay for"

"what if I told you I was sorry and I'd had the time to think" 

"what are you saying Ian because I can't continue like this, one day you agree to a relationship with me and the next you take a step back, I can't do this anymore. I liked you the first time we met but I had things to take care of before I could pursue you as I wanted to.

When I fractured my wrist and went to Koh Samui, I had no idea that you would be there, all I was thinking was that it would delay me in my plans to come back to the UK to meet with you again so you turning up there, it was a golden opportunity that I couldn't waste.

Yes, I could have found another nurse but when Lon told me what you did for a living, it was as if everything was falling into place, as if it was meant to be. I know I stole your vacation time but we could have had another one, wherever you wanted.

You're wrong about me Ian, I don't get everything I want but I wanted you and I had to try but I just can't anymore" Phikhuam said.

"Kiri offered me a job in Bangkok and I said yes, would you give us another chance, give me another chance?" Ian asked him.

"I don't know Ian, I don't know if you're going to get some bee in your bonnet about something else and walk away from me again, I can't go through another night like last night"

"I'm so sorry I hurt you Phikhuam but I was pissed off and hurting, I was worried about leaving my mother alone, I was worried about finding work and a few other minor things and I guess I took it out on you because it seemed like you weren't making any sacrifices and I was scared.

I still am scared but I figure with you there, and Kan, Andy, Lon and Kiri, we'll be able to work things out. please, let's not fight any more Phikhuam ..."

Phikhuam stood up and walked to the window to gaze out across the grounds thinking about his next move, he turned to look at Ian who stood with his shoulders slumped and his head bent low, he saw tears falling onto the rug then watched as Ian wiped his eyes with the sleeve of his sweater.

Walking over to Ian he took him by his shoulders until Ian looked up, his eyes brimming with tears, his lips slightly open wondering what Phikhuam was doing.

"if we do this, if you come back to Bangkok with me, I hope you know that I'm never letting you go Ian so are you sure?" he asked him.

"I'm sure" Ian nodded.

Phikhuam pulled Ian forward into a warm embrace before lowering his lips and capturing Ian's lips in a tender kiss before Ian spoke, 

"you're still staying here for a while, yes?"

"mmm, I need a break and you need to tie up your loose ends because I'm taking you back with me" Phikhuam nodded.

"are you guys good now?" Kan said walking tentatively into the lounge.

"yes, we're good Kan" Ian said.

Kiri and Lon walked in behind Kan.

"I'm sorry to waste your time Kiri but could you cancel the helicopter?" Phikhuam asked.