Chapter 2 | Merciful Mistake

Don't Forget if you enjoy the chapter's to vote on them! Keeps me motived!

---Arc: Inexperience Shows---

---Hornet CV-8 Point Of View----

Dashing around the battlefield, struggling to the very end to stay on the correct side of the water, unwilling to slip beneath the waves without resistance. I try in vain to avoid Zuikaku's and Shoukaku's bomb deliveries that seem to be never ending. My rigging damaged, and my bow destroyed, I'm unable to send off counter aircraft, and with Long Island out of action, we're left with our pants down by any and every aircraft the enemies got. It takes every hint of energy, focus and spatial awareness to keep from sustaining further devastating hits. It's quickly draining me, mentally and equally as much physically. "It's not fun alone on defense!!!! Can I get some back up here!?" I shout at my already pinned down and struggling fleet whom struggle with the Iron blood force that accompanied the Sakura detachment. As such these words fall on death ears. Traveling in a form of serpentine across the waters, and taking split moment breaks in between bombings to catch a well needed breath of air. It's becoming increasingly harder to avoid the constant bombing. In a moment of weakness, we're I'm most distracted with dodging bombing runs, Zuikaku races around my blind spot, charging upon me sword brandished, screaming out as she arrived in close.

"I've got you Fighting Lady!" (One of Hornet's many nicknames during WWII) rather instantly my eyes shrink, and they grow wild with fear, immediately looking over my shoulder as I tried to spin around to do something. ANYTHING to prevent what was now inevitable. During this moment, Three things happen simultaneously. A glowing navy blue arrow thunders across the battlefield, bursting into a F6F 3rd gen Hellcat as Zuikaku arrived firing a full spray of 50, caliber at Zuikaku, the next, was many 406mm Shells arcing over the horizon from 20 miles out that begin a plunge over the battlefield, particularly these shells plunging down all around the Iron Blood group Scharnhorst, Prinz Eugen, and Z23. Though the shells all miss and explode around them harmlessly upsetting the otherwise calm sea's around them and throwing them around the waters off balanced just for a few seconds. Lastly, from clouds above, dives 14 First Generation TBF avengers either torpedo or 2000 Kg bomb loaded with only 6 F6F escorts loaded down with unguided rockets and 500kg bombs that immediately begin engaging Zeroes the moment they reveal themselves from the cloud. Zuikaku immediately gets taken off guard by the now DANGEROUSLY close Hellcat firing upon her,  that seemed committed and intent on smashing into her Kamikaze style. Rather shaken up by the sudden interruption, Zuikaku abandons her attempt of cutting me down, spinning in the air she begins slicing the bullets with her blade and slices the arriving Kamikaze attempting Hellcat, splitting it in a two piece flaming wreck that crashes in two locations just behind her.

"ZUIKAKU!!!" Shoukaku shouts in horror, even I hadn't noticed the real threat to Zuikaku! My eyes fall onto a plane that's dived from the clouds directly above Zuikaku and I do mean DIRECTLY above her, Now 50 Feet above her and traveling at a speed that well acceded the planes safety rating as it's wings begin ripping off it's own frame due to extreme flex from air speed. Came The Light Carrier Cowpens, the plane loaded unusually with belly mounted Unguided Rockets rather then wing mounted. This look of wildness was in his eyes, yet the clear sense of total fear of what he was even doing also on his expression. He wasn't very confident in his actions, but damn if he wasn't committed. Zuikaku has a fraction of a moment to dart her gaze straight above her, and give off total fear to him by that time there's a total of 5 feet separation. A roar of the following Leaves Cowpens as he leaped off his planes cockpit away from the coming splash zone. "SLICE THIS PUNK!!!!" pretty lame one liner if you ask me, we're gonna have to work on his one liners if we get back. Time seems to stop being so slowed down, and immediately the plane smashes into Zuikaku the rockets exploding along with the flames of the fuel tanks creating a chain explosion that engulfed the carrier blinding us from seeing if she had survived, been damaged, or sunk from such a barbaric attack.