Chapter 14 | The Navy Ball Part 2

Curious if anyone will notice that throughout the whole Banquet chapters I've yet to mention or introduce a specific character to Sekiryu, or more so they haven't introduced themselves to him. Rather on purpose at that.

---Sekiryu Point Of View---

Continuing to stare at the drink, I wait minutes, before I finally feel comfortable taking a drink. After taking a short sip. I smile softly. It was better then I'd expected for it to be. "Cowpens" That voice echoes after I do. My eyes flicker brown and back to Red once. I feel a splitting headache come over me. Raising and holding a hand over my forehead as it does. Hearing one more voice. A new one, a male one. "Right, 9:30! I'll be there!" Such a familiar voice. Such a familiar choice of tone too. I stare at my reflection in the liquor, just pondering on who or what that voice was. Why I keep hearing that name. Why it feels like I'm missing a part of me. An Important part of me at that. I don't dwell for very long. Taking another sip of my drink, as I raised my eyes off it, and onto my surroundings. Looking out from the bar at the hundreds of people enjoying, dancing, walking, conversating, etc. The ones that stand out to me, was a beautiful Italian woman walking with a handsome German fellow down the stairway from the second floor, enjoying conversation and wine together. Was nice seeing smiles on others faces. I envy those smiles. An seeing those smiles made me smile as well.

I stand up, whilst gulping down the last half of my drink

I stand up, whilst gulping down the last half of my drink. I wouldn't soon forget that drinks name. It was enjoyable in taste. "Well, I suppose I should continue" Referring to making myself well acquainted with the people within my nation's navy, and others. I would explore the downstairs section of the Naval Ball/Banquet for upwards of 2 hours. Exploring, interacting, and making myself acquittances with many people. Eventually moving to upstairs, where I continued such for upward of an hour. Till I was called over by a woman with many tails and ears of a Canine Fox. "How are you enjoying the Banquet Sekiryu? No one's given you any trouble I do hope." The woman spoke as I was passing by. I turned facing her, finding she was sitting atop what some call a love seat, I call it a half-length couch. Enjoying a glass of Champagne. I didn't know the woman. But I spoke with respect and an inviting & friendly tone as I did with the others before her. "So far it's been quite enjoyable! There's a lot of people, and a lot of different personalities to intermingle with. Some interactions are considerably bad, but most are good! I'd say I'm rather quite enjoying getting to know everyone!" She smiled rather noticeably at this. Before speaking with a noticeably pleased tone. "That's good to hear. Would you care to sit and share a drink with me? I'd like to take the time to introduce myself to you and get to know my nations newest Carrier." Having no reason to deny such a request, I approach without further reason or convincing.