Chapter 4 | I Want This Fish!!

---Many Hours Later---

---Cleveland Point of View---

...Letting out a deep sigh of relief as I closed the door behind the commander and letting little Clevelad down. Leaning forwards I ruffle her hair, she giggles, and runs ahead of us, racing towards her room down the hallway. In a motherly tone I speak after her. "Don't run in the house silly!" I passively scold her, of course she doesn't listen, and continued on anyway, bringing me to an awkward smile and a faint embarrassed sweat mark along my face. "She's just a little bundle of joy, isn't she?" Daniel claims with a hand on his hip and looking back at me with that loving smile. Whilst I walked with him towards the living room, I couldn't help but find myself in a short laugh. "She's something alright~" Entering the living room we find my sisters sitting around spread out on recliners, and the couch, one even sitting in front the couch with her back up against it, all watching the tv.

Not seeing Cowpens, and knowing he'd been released from medical, I wondered aloud where he was, hopeful one of them knew and would answer. "Where's Cowpens? Is he hanging out with his friends?" I figured that would be the case, seeing that it's rather late in the day to be doing much else. Columbia blows, and pops her bubblegum, before speaking never taking her eyes off the tv. "Yeah, there prepping him for a date or something." Stopping beside the couch of which Denver laid out atop, me and the commander take a bit of interest in both what's on the TV, and that which was said. "Oh? Who asked him out? Is she a cruiser, destroyer, or a local?" I ask, expecting it to be something of the sorts. Denver leans back looking up at me from the couch side.

"He said he asked out Hornet. He was pretty nervous about what to wear, so he asked for some help picking out something." She explains, the news startled the commander, whom knows Hornet very well, once upon a time, Hornet's fleet was under his command before his eventual changing of positions in the chains of command. I also show my own form of surprise, that seems rather conflicted about the information, my sisters aren't exactly known for picking the sharpest of men, so I don't know how well their choice of outfit would be for Cowpens. As well I'm flabbergasted that he asked out Hornet! No offense to the other girls on base, but Hornet's not exactly a lower caliber girl. She's taller, got good bust, has fantastic combat experience, popular amongst the whole base, and greatly sot after by both the Commanders and the male vessels! I wouldn't have expected her to settle or accept Cowpens... B-Being a rookie and all that. I just find it hard to believe she gave him time of day... Considering the caliber of men her sisters married and the men she has at selection at any given time.

"W-What did he end up wearing?" I nervously ask, aware that your choice of outfit plays a good role in making a first impression on your date. At least I think it does! I was a bit nervous as stated before, their choice of fashion is all over the place! "Well we tried to tell him to wear church clothes, or a nice vest, but he kept saying that wasn't his style. So, he just wore his own boring assortment-" Interrupting Denver, all my sisters speak at the same time in an unamused manner, to familiarized with his outfit choice tonight. "Jean jacket with wool inner lining, Lucky socks, blue jeans, boots, and a black T-shirt, and that stupid motorcycle." After this, Denver is left as the only one talking again. "-I for one think that outfits just bland. It's too casual for a date setting." Denver states her opinion which seemed to be the feelings of all of my sisters based on the energy in the room. A sigh of relief crosses over me with in my mind. "At least Cowpens knows what kind of outfits that will clash well with his dates... if I know Hornet, she won't be in a dress."