Chapter 16 | Protect OUR FLOCK!

---Narrator---

Death is all around. Pain is planet wide. Finally, a world filled with war again. Few remain neutral in this broken world, and even then, they fuel the sides they trust or the sides that threaten them so. Silently or vocally the war has grabbed every nation, every man, and every home by the hair, and swung so violently again! World War II, In full swing. A world, so broken by war, so distorted, so twisted. Few to blame? Who is to say that one man alone can be blamed for this chaos? Do we blame the men of another war's end!? Or do we blame the men who suffer in the new! World at war again, we watch as the world crumbles. We watch with great terror! As a war we know is lost on those we know to be the enemy, those of the Axis seem to turn the tide!

A world where ships live, a world where ships from another future tamper, a world where ships of another line of time roam amongst a time that is not their own. Ships never meant to be alive... Ships never meant to exist, ships never built so soon. Fight side by side ships never meant to still be alive! A world where history is so inconsistent to our own. A world where history doesn't play out the same. A world where women and men cling on to the nations navy for protection from the fear full enemy, from the Sirens, protection from their foes, and protection over their ideals. A world where ships dictate the strength of a nation, ships dictate the outcomes of entire wars! A world where a ship that's alive! Outpowers pure steel operated by thousands! One man, can stand against thousands and be expected to win! A world where technology has accelerated in a inconsistent way!!!

Chaos, evil, pain, lust, lies, dreams, hatred, violence, rage, and death rain king.

The sirens have gotten what they always wanted... The worlds history has changed, for better? or for worse? Will their changes continue? What more changes from here!? What more can be expected to change!? Will the Allies... Will Azur Lane still become victorious! Or will the Sirens get what it is that they lust! And will the Red Axis WIN!?

WHAT MORE CHANGE IN THIS TIMELINE!? WHAT MORE CHAOS WILL BEFALL OUR WORLD!? WHAT MORE LIVES WILL BE TAKEN!? WHAT MORE PAIN WILL BE DISHED!? WHAT MORE VIOLENCE WILL BEFALL OUR HOMES! WHAT MORE DO WE EXPECT FROM A WORLD SO BROKEN!!!

---The Next Morning---

---Enterprise Point Of View---

"...You'll be court martialed when you return... Everyone will pin the blame on you and your fleet." I remind her the consequences of these actions. It's too late to just turn back without some form of punishment, but it's not too late to turn away from this suicidal attack! Though my convincing of such has all but failed. Still, no response. Days, days of both attempts by force and by verbal commands. She remains purely silent towards me. Like as though her ears don't work neither her mouth. More so selective in hearing, and selective in actions. I slump back into a chain aboard her ships bridge, sighing as I do. My internal navigation devices tell me we're almost 450 miles off the coast of mainland Japan. DANGEROUSLY deep into their waters. So much so that land-based craft could fly out to meet us if spotted. Walking into the bridge, St. Louis and Northampton stop near Hornet, there look told it all. Something was amiss. Something real bad had either happened or is happening.

"We've decoded the message sent out from the British spies on the Japanese mainland. The code was a bit harder to decipher then expected, but we're confident we've got it right." Northampton informed both myself and Hornet. Hornet didn't seem very interested in the information it may hold. It wouldn't change her intentions one bit. I however am, if we were at port we'd not be able to receive the message so soon like we are now. It'd likely take a few days, first reaching Australia before being relayed to us directly! I gesture to go on. They remain silent, seemingly a bit scared to speak now. Nervous was a better word. "The message was sent by HMS Sheffield, and the information was acquired from both her own findings and snooping, along with Aaron Wards combined help! She confirmed that the Sakura Empire had obtained a damaged cube of Eagle Union Origin-" Hornets expression showed that they'd suddenly grabbed at her attention. Silently glancing back from out the window's, back onto them. Myself becoming incredibly invested now. The Sakura Empire obtaining, and Eagle Union Cube is a major problem in it of itself! But one that's damaged implies it's a cube taken from a live or dead ship. It adds insult and mystery!