|-7-|

Gasping for air, I violently jerked my head from side to side, desperately trying to remove the bag that was placed over my head.

In a frenzied panic, I balled my hand up into a fist and struck the a face, or what felt like her face. And suddenly, a pained woman's voice immediately cried out.

The bag tightened its grip.

"Let me go!" I yelled through the suffocating cloth.

They bound my hands behind my back and forcefully pulled me away. My heart raced faster than a cheetah hunting a deer. Bullets of sweat shot through my pores, dripping down my face. I felt lightheaded, like I was on the verge of fainting.

With the push of two hands, I was forcibly shoved into a car. With a slam of the door, the bang reverberated into my ears. I was now a prisoner in the hands of the deranged.

"Please!" I pleaded desperately. My senses were in disarray as I was oblivious to the events unfolding around me. All that occupied my thoughts was the desire to escape- anyway and anyhow.

"You won't be going anywhere!" warned a young woman's voice.

Amidst the chaos, unsettling giggles filled the air. Their depraved amusement sounded more like an eerie symphony symbolic of a 1970s horror movie.

What a bunch of psychopaths!

The woman's warm breath touched the surface of my face, specifically my cheek, as she pressed her head against mine. A surge of terror coursed through my veins.

At that very moment, I decided to act on pure instinct, so I jerked my head back, and then, in desperation, I headbutted her.

A blood-curdling scream ripped through the night, echoing into my ears.

"She's bleeding!" Another young woman's voice quivered with panic. "Oh My God, she fainted!"

"We have to get her to the ER ASAP!" Patricia's voice announced with frantic urgency.

"Patricia?!" I cried out in agonizing disappointment, shocked to hear her voice.

In an instant, someone ripped the suffocating bag off my head.

"This was meant to be your initiation into our sorority!" Patricia's eyebrows furrowed in anger. "But you've ruined it! Just look at what you've done to Brianna!"

"I'm so- sorry, guys." I stammered apologetically. "How was I supposed to know you weren't the serial killer on the loose? This is no way to induct anyone into anything during these horrific times!"

"Stop being a coward." Patricia retorted, her foot pressing harder on the gas pedal as she raced to get Brianna to the ER. "Every one of us went through this exact initiation."

***

The fraternity party was a big flop, being that I was kidnapped under false pretenses, all to be initiated into a sorority. I didn't realize sororitys sucked so bad. However, this didn't stop my desire to join, as I knew the underlying reason why I had to get in. I wanted to develop a closer friendship with Patricia so I could one day get in good with the Crime Ladies Podcast because Monique, one half of the Crime Ladies, was Patricia's sister.

We all sat in the ER waiting room that night, hoping that Brianna's injuries weren't too bad and she would fully awaken into consciousness.

As I scanned the room, I saw an elderly couple. The man had sparse gray hair and sat in a wheelchair. His wife sat next to him, leaning her white-haired head on his shoulder. They appeared to be in distress. A tinge of sadness arose within me.