15

"Bella, baby we have a problem." Angel hissed as they got into the beat up mustang, leaning over and kissing the small woman's cheek. Bella looked from the windshield to Angel who was completely flustered, their face flushed with anger. After watching the professor and her ex-husband pull off from the parking lot, Angel paced back and forth as they tried to figure out what to do without the professor getting outed.

They wanted nothing more than the professor to be safe, but they knew based on how diabolical the man looked that he wouldn't go down without a fight.

"Angel, what happened? Why do you look like that?" Bella asked as she looked at Angel in concern. She's not used to seeing Angel so angry and flustered and it made her nervous. Even though Angel was a tough dom, they still kept their temper in check under pressure.

Especially from little Bella.

"You know I trust you, right?"

"Of course. We're friends before anything else." Bella responded abruptly as she pushed her eyebrows together, Angel's hand finding Bella's and kissing the top of it.

"Anita needs our help. She won't say it, but I saw it. In class she was all..jittery and then she tried to break it off with me-"

"Take a deep breath. You're shaking." Bella whispered as she took Angel's face into her small hands. Their nostrils were flared and their eyes were watery, a stray tear falling from the corner of their eye causing Bella's heart to drop. She's never seen Angel cry before so she knew something was wrong. Angel was letting their guard down for the first time and it terrified her.

"What did you see? Is she pregnant?" Bella whispered. Angel shook their head, sniffing and shutting their eyes as they tried to calm down and remove the image of the professor's head getting bashed into the dashboard of her car.

"She's being hurt. Really bad. I saw it. He fucking bashed her face into the dashboard and broke her nose. I couldn't do anything because I think he knows about us and is using it against her-"

"Oh fuck..okay okay. Um..shit. I need you to take a deep breath. We're going to help her. But I need you to calm down first so we can be strategic here, okay? Yeah?" Bella asked as she nodded, Angel nodding with her as they gripped the hands that held her face. Bella leaned in and kissed Angel's lips softly before wiping the tears that fell uncontrollably down their face.

"I want to fucking kill him. If you saw what I saw-"

"I know. You know that I know. You saved me, remember?" Bella asked as she started to drive, pulling out of the parking lot abruptly and driving down the road. Angel sighed and sat back before lighting the rest of their blunt. Their stomach was turning in knots, Anita's words playing over and over in her head.

How does he know? We've been careful.

"I'm going to text her." Bella breathed as she pulled into her driveway. They saw that Anita's car wasn't in its usual spot and Angel gulped as they nodded, watching as Bella pulled out her phone.

Hey babes. Down for some drinks? - B

They both stared at the phone for quite some time, Angel letting out a breath as the three bubbles popped up indicating that she was typing. They disappeared for a second, but then popped up again.

Out of town. Sorry. - A.

"Where does that bastard have her?!" Angel yelled as they punched the dashboard causing Bella to jump with a hitched breath. Angel looked over and saw Bella staring with wide, panicked eyes and they swallowed hard before sighing.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry I just-"

"Just don't do it again. I know you're upset, but you can't do that right now. We're both upset but I need you to calm down." Bella breathed shakily causing Angel to nod with sorry eyes. Bella swallowed back her panic and started to type again.

When will you be back? I miss you. We need to catch up. - B.

They both watched as the bubbles popped up again, but then they disappeared. They waited for a while but they never returned and Angel let out a groan as they ran a hand down their face when their phone chimed.

Class is cancelled for the rest of the week. Your assignments will be posted on blackboard. - Professor Tesfaye.

"She just cancelled class for the rest of the week."

"Shit."

"All the times that you guys were together she didn't mention anything about her past? Where she's from?"

"I should be asking you that. She's asleep most of the time." Bella responded back. She tapped her long acrylic nail against the steering wheel for a minute as she tried to think.

"The motel you guys went to. She chose it?"

"Yes. She said she knew the area pretty well. They had went to this Italian restaurant."

"Okay..maybe she's from there." Bella responded as she looked up at Angel who was staring down at their shoes with wide eyes.

"So what do you want to do?"

"Let's go."

Anita stared into space as Monty paced back and forth in the kitchen. They've been at his apartment for almost an hour, just sitting in complete silence as she iced her nose. She couldn't tell if it was broken or not, but he refused to take her to the hospital in worries that she would tell.

"Why am I here, Monty?" She asked calmly, her entire being numb from crying so much after he smashed her face into the dashboard. She was exhausted, physically and mentally. She wanted nothing more than to lay down and sleep, but she couldn't.

Instead she was here, trying her best not to take the steak knife and gut the man that had her hostage until he was choking on his own blood.

"You tell me, Anita. Why are we here? In this predicament?"

"Are you..are you fucking stupid?" She hissed causing him to launch toward her and she screamed as he grabbed her and tossed her to the ground before pinning her down by her arms.

"Get off of me! Get off of me!" She screamed as she tried her best to push him off of her but they both froze as the doorbell rang.

"Who is that? Did you tell someone? I thought you told them you were out of town." He growled as she shook her head abruptly, the tears streaming down her face.

"You watched me text her back." She whimpered and he cursed under his breath before standing up, but the next thing Anita knew was Monty passed out on the floor with a pile of blood under him as she held the golf club that was originally sitting in the corner of the room, both Angel and Bella staring at her in utter shock as the blood dripped onto her bare feet.

"Shit..what did you do?"