⬍ 39 - GARRETT

LATE NIGHT CONNECTIONS

The entire family golfing day after Violet had an argument with her brothers was just absolutely shit

The entire family golfing day after Violet had an argument with her brothers was just absolutely shit. I don't just mean the act of us golfing itself but of everything as a whole. Violet never once left our side unless it was to go to the bathroom. Even then, she'd just return to us and stick to us like glue. If she wasn't with one of me or the guys, she was with Lance.

However, it wasn't that alone. There were also the times where her family would try to talk to her, and she'd just give small responses or shake her head. That or she just wouldn't respond at all. There really wasn't any in between. It's like if she decided to pretend her family didn't exist.

We could tell that today drained her. Both physically and mentally since she visually looked like it did. She even knocked out in the car about five minutes after Lance.

These are the sort of things we wish we could help her though. However, we don't know how. Especially since we have the exact same issues with our own families. If we were to give her advice it wouldn't be of any use.

"Aye, you good?" I hear Hunter's voice, which snaps me out of my thoughts.

I take a few seconds to adjust back into reality before answering him.

"Yeah, why?" I ask him as I try my best not to turn to Violet.

He stays quiet for a few seconds and stops at a red light. "Are we not going to talk about the look that played on your face when Violet called my son hers?" Hunter says before he continues driving.

I freeze a bit at that. Shit, he saw that? I have got to work on the way I publicly react to things. Immediately.

"It just caught me by surprise." I shake my head. "That's all."

I truly don't wish to tell him the truth. These are the times when I truly rather keep to myself rather than explain personal matter to others.

"Don't lie to me." He shakes his head. "Violet's right. No more lies." He sighs. "We were once extremely close. Let's try and go back to that." That causes me to come to a small halt.