Deal

It was raining.

It hadn't rained here in a while, it was nice to see.

It had been a long day of cleaning since the campers stayed inside. It was figured that they could have an indoor game day since we didn't want a rerun of what happened to Tricia.

I walked out of Stan's bathroom and rubbed my hair with a towel. There was another towel wrapped around my body because I forgot to grab my clothes from my suitcase again. I sighed and paused when I smelt food.

I continued to dry my hair and walked into the kitchen. "What are you making?" I asked sitting at Stan's table in the room, he paused from his zone out and looked at me for a minute.

"Omelets, also I don't understand you at all," He rolled his eyes.

I looked at him confused, "What why?" I questioned. He turned to me again, "Because one minute you're shy and the next minute you have the confidence to walk out in a towel, sit on my furniture, and then..." He huffed.

"...And then?"

"Nothing," He mumbled, "I just don't get you," He said. "Well I don't really like people anymore so I don't really hang around them. I used to be more outgoing before...before.." I looked away.

"And then there's that too," He sighed. "I tell you some of my secrets and you don't tell me anything. I feel like I learn more about you from everyone else," He mumbled and his blue eyes pierced mine.

There was a quick flash of resentment, it was almost hard to see. But I caught it, he gave me the same look when I first came to camp.

"Well what do you wanna know?" I asked. Stan turned the stove off and then sat across from me.

He put his head in his hands, "Why don't you really like Wendy?" He asked. I thought that might be the question that came up. I looked away from him, "Maybe a different question," I laughed it off.

He sighed and thought for a moment. Then he stared at me, he did that thing were his head tilted. And suddenly I could see him analyzing my entire body again.

His eyes trailed downward, then he stopped and looked at me again. Stan was doing that thing where he took in everything at once and he did not look happy he did.

"Did you always have that scar on your back?" He asked.

I blinked and my eyes widened, "I'm sorry your towel slipped slightly once day and I caught a glimpse of it," He mumbled.

Of course it did.

Stan looked like he was about to say something but I beat him to it. "An accident, I got it from an accident," I replied, my words leaving my mouth before I processed them.

He looked at me with curiosity wanting me to continue, "I got into a car accident back in college.. it was pretty bad," I mumbled. I wanted to tell him more details, but I was scared. I didn't wanna relive it all.

"And..and.." My world started turning darker and I was starting to feel terrified. Things started melting and I felt like I was there again.

Stan put a hand over my wrist, and I looked at him snapping out of my daze.

"That's okay, I've heard enough," He said looking at me. "If you don't wanna talk about it, then we don't have to talk," He said then looked away. "I do think it's kind of interesting that you of all people got in a car accident that did that," He joked.

Then he looked back at me, "..Can I at least see it?" He asked gently. I nodded and got up, Stan wouldn't be the first person to see it so I was okay with at least this.