Chapter 10

Y/n's POV

Azekiel stood in front of you in a protective way, glaring at Blaze with pure hatred,
" Leave her alone,"

Blaze just sighed heavily at their arrival, knowing that he didn't stand a chance against the rest of the element spirits. He smirked at you,
" This won't be the last time,"
He clicked his fingers, letting a tornado of fire surround him violently and then he was gone.

Hiccup cupped your cheeks, checking you for any injuries. You chuckled at his reaction and kissed his cheek,
" I'm fine. I'm just tired so let's get back,"

Azekiel picked up Kalisa, letting her sleep in his arms. After that night, Hiccup never let you out of his sight. Only when you had baths and showers and got changed, he respected your privacy. You both knew Blaze would return, the sickening part is that you don't know when.

Three days later, you were sat on your doorstep, watching Kalisa play and laugh with Azekiel. They were like siblings ever since they met. He had always been a big brother to her and it warmed your heart up.

Hiccup sat beside you, watching them both then turned to you,
" We need to figure a way how to use your power less in battle. If they hurt the plants all the time, you could pass out from all the pain,"

Your attention turned to the ground after he spoke. You knew he was right, but you didn't know how. He slid his hand into yours, gripping it tightly in a comforting manner. You rested your head on his shoulder.

He added,
" I just don't want you getting hurt - or worse,"

You looked at him, sending him a small smile,
" The same goes for you, "

He pulled you into a quick yet loveable kiss before standing up, holding out his hand. You knew that look in his eyes. He was excited to show you something. Letting out a laugh, you took his hand and followed him to the place where he invents things.

He gave you a thick piece of metal that wrapped around all your knuckles, like a knuckle breaker. Confused, you slipped it on and pressed a small button at the side. Your eyes widened when it expanded, turning into a large shield with a dragon imprint on it.

" It's beautiful,"

Hiccup exclaimed,
" It's fire proof. If Blaze ever tries to attack you then this will block it. I've spent a few days on it but it was worth it,"

You clicked the button again, letting the shield disappear before pulling him into a tight hug. He wrapped his arms around your waist, securing you with your hands around his neck. You both stayed like that for a few minutes then pulled away.

" But I didn't get or make you anything,"

He cupped your cheek once again,
" The only thing you gave me that is worth more than anything is your love,"

A blush formed on your cheeks but smiled at him. You thought for a moment then had an idea. You knelt down onto tue floor, the same green light surrounding your hands travelled around two flowers.

The glowing lifted them up into the air, the petals forming into a piece of metal and the stem turning into a thin piece of rope. The metal formed into the shape of a long tear drop. You smiled in success, the glow disappearing to see two different coloured necklaces. His was a dark green colour and yours was F/C.

You gave him his,
" Whenever you can't find me or I'm gone. Just double tap the dark green part and ask for help. It will lead you to me, same goes for me,"

He put it on, hiding it under his armour,
" Thank you. That brings me some comfort that you'll be okay,"