Chapter 9

Y/n's POV

You were sat in the main hall, surrounded by your friends with the water guy sat beside you. He was eating his bread hungrily, not taking his eyes of the food. You felt bad for him, he must not have eaten for days.

You asked, breaking the silence and tension in the room,
" What's your name? I'm Y/n,"

His ocean blue eyes stared into yours, making you feel like you were in a trance. His white hair moved as he turned to look back at his food,
" Ezekiel,"

He seemed to trust you and Kalisa more than anybody else since you were also people who were like him. Ezekiel rarely spoke to anyone after that day, he was silent. The only way you would get him to talk was if you spoke to him. Luckily, after a few days he had grown comfortable with Berk and communicated more.

What you failed to notice was how jealous Hiccup was towards Ezekiel. He rarely saw you anymore since you spent most of your time trying to make him feel comfortable. He understood that and respected it, but it took time away from you ever talking to him.

Ezekiel smiled at you as you told him the story about how you first came into Berk. He seemed to be quite interested in your stories, but he only saw you as a best friend- nothing more. If only Hiccup knew this instead of feeling envy towards him.

Hiccup cleared his throat across the table quite loudly, stopping you from talking. Confused, you looked at him, silencing everybody on the table. He had an irritated expression on his face,
" Y/n, can I please talk you to, alone?"

You nodded, wondering what he wanted you to talk about and got up. Ezekiel watched as you both walked out of the building then shrugged and continued eating.

You asked,
" What's wrong?"

Hiccup took your hands in his, interlocking them with yours. His hands were soft but slightly rough from all of his mechanical work he does. Whereas yours were soft and smooth.

He looked as if he was about to tell you something, but hesitation took over, stopping him from doing so. Instead, he inhaled deeply, clearly trying to brush away his nerves.

He exclaimed,
" Meet me at my hut at midnight tonight. I want to show you something,"

He then let go of your hands and walked back into the main hall, leaving you more confused than before.

                        ///////—————-///////

You walked towards Hiccup's hut at the exact time he requested, hugging yourself in a blanket from how cold you was. He was stood beside his front door, waiting for you.

Once he spotted you a smile formed on his face. He slipped his warm hand in yours and led you into the forest without no explanation. You decided it was a surprise so you didn't say anything, besides you trusted him anyways.

After a few minutes of walking, you ended up stopping at a beautiful waterfall in the middle of the woods that surround the cliff off Berk. The water was reflecting the stars and the moon, making the scene even more magical.

You turned to look at him, only to find him already looking at you,
" Why did you bring me here?"

He didn't respond and continued to admire you like you were a piece of art because in his eyes - you were. He placed a strand of your hair behind your ear, sending butterflies to fly in the depths of your stomach.

He finally spoke up,
" I've been wanting to tell you something for a while now, and it's been bothering me. I like you, Y/n, a lot. No, in fact I'm in love with you,"

Before you could even respond he crashed his lips against yours, wrapping his arms around waist, pulling you closer. You were surprised by the sudden action. You felt as if your heart was exploding inside your ribs. Yet, you instantly kissed back.

He smiled into the kiss before soon pulling away.

Your smile dropped instantly when you felt a threatening energy come close to. Looking around, you tried to focus and locate the person who held this energy. There was no doubt. It was the fire spirit.

Hiccup was concerned and looked around with you,
" Y/n? What's wrong?"

Behind you

A bright green glow surrounded your hands as you made large vines wrap around the person behind you, pulling him up into the air. You turned around, both of your attention on the guy.

His eyes widened when he looked at you but was quickly replaced with a smirk. His red eyes glowed, piercing into the depths of your soul. He broke the silence,
" He never told me you were such a beauty,"

" The name is Blaze,"

You raised your eyebrow at his comment, watching a ball of fire emerge in the palm of his hand. He touched the vines with the fire, immediately setting it on fire. One thing about your power that is dangerous is when a plant gets hurt or damaged that you manipulated, you also feel the pain.

You screamed in pain, falling to the ground for a few moments. Hiccup crouched down in concern and panic, sending daggers through his gaze at the fire dude. Hiccup hated to admit it but he was powerless against a guy who could control and manipulate fire.

You stood up, ignoring the pain your body was in and dodged Blaze's attacks to the point where you managed to punch him in the face. He just chuckled, holding his cheek that had a small cut on.

" Not bad,"

You were about to land another punch, but he caught your wrist, squeezing it harshly. He threw you into a tree, watching as your head smashed against the tree. Blood leaked down your temple, the sound of Hiccup screaming your name filled your senses.

" I did it for the greater good, Y/n, I did it for the family,"

Your Father's voice? What did he mean?

" No! You're a monster! Why would you do this?!"

Do what? What did he do that was so bad you ran away?

The impact of the hit made some memories slip through. Before Blaze could throw a ball of fire at you, a large wave of water came out of nowhere.

Trying your best to stay conscious, you looked behind Hiccup to see Azekiel and Kalisa glaring at Blaze with hatred and irritation.