Chapter 14

Y/n's POV:

You were currently sat in the main hall, watching them talk between each other at what possibly could have happened to you that made you lose all of your memory. The brunette guy, who you found out was called Hiccup and the chief of Berk, sat at the end of the table. He was deep in thought but you could see the pain behind his eyes.

Ezekiel began,
" We might be able to return her memories by a ritual. The spirits are all connected; they should be allies but apparently not. If we link our magic, the three of us, there's a chance they'll bond and return her memories,"

You listened to his plan whilst eating some chicken and bread. They all nodded in agreement and rushed to get some ingredients to whatever they were doing. This left you and Hiccup alone in the room. The tension was thick and overwhelming, so you decided to break the silence with a question.

" Did I know you? Before they took my memories?
I've been seeing you in so many dreams lately,"

A hint of hope seemed to be seen within his expression when you said this. He responded, refusing to make eye contact with you since it stared up so many good memories from the past,
" We were lovers,"

Your eyes widened in shock, trying to process the information. All this time Blaze never loved you and the the only one you truly loved before was Hiccup. Tears began to form, feeling guilty despite not remembering anything.

You sobbed,
" I'm so sorry, I didn't know - I couldn't remember",

He walked over and sat beside you, placing his hand on your cheek. A jolt of electricity and warmth was all you could feel. His touch felt so familiar that it filled your heart up with warmth. You wasn't afraid anymore. His presence soothed your fear.

He wiped the tear that escaped,
" It wasn't your fault,"

The main hall doors opened, causing him to stand up and stand a few feet away, acting as if nothing happened. The other people walked in with a few bottles of ingredients. The blonde haired girl narrowed her eyes curiously between the both of you, in which you failed to notice.

Ezekiel explained, placing the strange ingredients on the table,
" We found the ritual and it only takes 10 minutes,"

You all went outside into a large field area. Even though you felt like you could trust them, it still didn't ease the nerves that crept into your stomach. You watched as Ezekiel cut his hand, letting blood pour into a bowl like paint.

Everyone held hands, leaving you in the middle as the wind and water spirit stepped forward. They controlled small amount of their element before it picked up the blood and began to travel around you like a hurricane. It went so fast it began to make you feel dizzy and weak.

Then it hit you in the head rather harshly. You screamed in pain, holding your temple when it felt like it was drilling into your brain, accessing all your hidden messages. It was like it broke the lock. Loads of memories from the past flowed through your head like a broken record. Hiccup. Amethyst. Kalisa. Ezekiel. Your Mother.

Everything came back.

After a few minutes, the ritual had ended, leaving you breathless on the ground. Hiccup ran over to you, helping you up off the ground, hoping that your memories have returned. Astrid just stared at the ground, her eyebrows furrowed. She knew that he loved you way more than he did with her, despite how much she tried to convince herself otherwise.

You looked at Hiccup, analysing his features. For the first time in a year, you felt happiness and the warm feeling that overwhelmed your senses - love. You pulled him into a tight hug, letting him return it. He let out a sigh of relief, his hope coming true.

" Y/n!"

A childish voice came running up to you, only to see Kalisa smiling brightly. You knelt down and hugged her also, letting her cry into your shoulder,
" I thought we lost you, Y/n! Don't ever do that again,"

After standing back up, you looked down at your pregnancy bump with a sigh, knowing who exactly who the Father is,
" This is Blaze's child, isn't it?"

Hiccup just nodded in response, staring at your bump for a few moments. He wished deep down that it was his child that was in the womb, but he knew he couldn't change that. He didn't blame you for marrying Blaze without any intention because you couldn't remember a thing. Sighing, he walked up to you and lifted your chin to face him.

" I'll happily be the father figure of the child,"

A smile formed on your face as you thanked him, having hope that you weren't in this alone. You felt relieved that the baby didn't ruin the relationship you had with Hiccup. If it did then you wouldn't be able to forgive yourself.

Astrid walked over to Hiccup,
" Can we talk for a moment please?"

He glanced at you, anxiety brewing in his stomach before following Astrid a few feet away. She stared at the ground, trying to compose herself and spoke,
" You love her and you can't control your feelings. I like you, Hiccup, but I know you don't truly return the feelings for me. So go ahead and date her, I don't mind",

Hiccup hugged Astrid, thanking her before walking over to you and held your hand. You glanced at the engagement ring you wore for Blaze and immediately took it off, throwing it into the ocean.

You were back home and there's nothing that could change that.