Chapter Twelve~The Yule Ball.

The next morning, Hermione and I both woke with big smiles on our faces. Everything was back to normal. I walked down the stairs and into the common room to find Seamus waiting for me with a bunch of flowers in his hands. "Forgiveness Act part one." He explained. The flowers were very beautiful. They were a mixture of light pink pansies and blue violets. "Thank you, I love them." I gasped before kissing him. He grinned widely and held me in a tight embrace. We walked to potions hand in hand. Seamus and I spoke endlessly during the lesson. Professor Snape then interrupted us. "Lack of concentration is not good for sleepwalking potion Miss Longbottom, I expect it to be damaged during the process of your disinterest." He sneered. He checked it and grunted. "I appear to be mistaken. Perfect as always... wipe that smug smile off your face, or I'll be forced to take points from you." He sighed with disappointment. Seamus gave me a high five discreetly when Snape walked away.

After dinner, Seamus asked if we could go for a walk, so we did. I always forgot how beautiful the grounds were, especially as it was now covered in blankets of gleaming white snow. "The reason I wanted us to go for walk was because I want t' ask you something." He said. I nodded and took his cold, awaiting hand. "Well, er, you see, there's this ball on Christmas day, I'd like it if you would go wi' me as my date." He wondered, his cheeks going a slight shade of pink, and it wasn't down to the freezing cold weather. "I'd be honoured, yes." I beamed. He hugged me, placing a light kiss on my forehead. "I'm so relieved." He smiled.

The Yule Ball arrived three weeks later and everyone had their dates. Hermione told me secretly that she was going with Victor Krum, Harry was going with Parvarti Patil, Ron was going with her twin Padma. Hermione and I had gotten our dresses the week before. We were extremely excited. We spent two hours getting ready. Hermione wore an elegant, layered blue dress and her hair had been curled to the side and light makeup highlighted the flawless features of her face. I was jealous. "Savannah! You look beautiful! Seamus is going to be blown away!" Hermione gasped. I wore a white dress. The laced top had long laced sleeves and the back had a gap and was done up at the top. The skirt had patterns of cut out flowers on the hem and was just white and plain but it flowed out just above my knees. I wore nude ballet shoe like heels and my hair hung in loose curls. I applied light pink lipstick, that's all. "Come on, let's go." I said. I walked with her to the Great Hall where most people had already arrived. I bumped into Neville who's date was Ginny before going to find Seamus as Hermione was already stolen by Victor for the first Champion's dance.

The walls were decorated with sparkling silver frost with lots of garlands of mistletoes crossing the star studded ceiling, making me think of Nargals and Luna. The tables which the houses would usually sit at had disappeared; replaced them instead were about a hundred, much smaller, lantern lit ones, each sitting around a dozen people. "Savannah? Is that you?" I heard Seamus ask from behind me. I turned around. His hair had been brushed slightly to the side and gelled back. His robes were simply black and white but he looked so perfect. "Hi." He simply stated before kissing my cheek and taking my hand. "Can we dance?" I questioned him curiously, eager to start doing it. Seamus sighed. "Maybe later, yeah?" I nodded, feeling extremely disappointed. Seamus refused to dance with me all night and I felt upset. Harry then came up to us. "Seamus, would you mind if I dance with Savannah?" He inquired. Seamus shrugged his shoulders and shook his head. I took Harry's hand and followed him to the dance floor. "You seemed upset, what's wrong?" He wandered as we danced to a rock song. "It's just that Seamus invited me here and he's refused to dance with me. I feel offended. You've rescued me from dying of boredom." I admitted. He chuckled. The song changed to a ballad and so we started to waltz. "You look lovely tonight." He complimented me. "Thank you, you too." I replied. We gazed at each other for a few seconds. Butterflies rose in my stomach. I don't know whether it was the Nargals messing around, or the wrackspurts (creatures that make your brain go fuzzy, according to Luna) but I really wanted to kiss him. Was it possible that I was falling for my best friend?

"Can I have my girlfriend back please?" Seamus interrupted in a harsh tone before dragging me away making me feel angry. "What is your problem now? I was having fun there!" I cried impatiently. "You spending all your time with him instead of me, like dancing all close!" He snapped as we walked towards our table. "If you're that bothered about me dancing with him then you should not have kept refusing! It was boring just sitting there quiet! It's a ball for Merlin's sake! You're SUPPOSED to dance! Not just sit and sulk! I didn't feel like I was your date at all!!" I shouted back. "WELL MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET BACK WITH HIM AND BE HIS DATE AS YOU CLEARLY LOVE HIS FANTASTIC WAYS! GO ON! GO AWAY! PISS OFF! YOU'RE ALL DRESSED TO IMPRESS HIM, NOT ME SO FUCK OFF TO HIM! YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC AND STUPID!" He yelled. My lips were quivering as tears splashed down my face. I slapped him around the face. "You really don't understand, do you?" I sobbed before running away.