Chapter Six

The moment I opened my eyes, I knew I was in a place I didn't know

The moment I opened my eyes, I knew I was in a place I didn't know. I was comfortable, for one. I sat up slowly, my body aching from what I'd been through.

I was in a large suite, and the bed was nearly as big as the room itself. When I att up, I noticed that there was a note on the desk.

I slipped out of bed, walking over to the desk and picking up the note.

Alina is in the suite next to you. You are not a prisoner, but you cannot leave the palace.

Don't run from me this time, Miss Sisko.

I keep my promises.

~ General Kirigan

I looked up from the note with an irritated sigh, before seeing myself in my reflection. I was still bloody. I ran myself a bath in the huge bathroom and cleaned myself off for the most part, discarding my clothes for the pair of trousers and white shirt that was left on the desk next to the note.

I wouldn't run, but I couldn't sleep. I wasn't going to stay in this room.

And to be honest, I needed a moment to gather my thoughts without Alina.

Slipping the guards posted in front of my door was beyond easy. I just dropped from the window, using my abilities with the wind to slow my fall, landing silently on the ground below and disappearing into the shadows, headed to the woods.

I walked alone in the dark, a single finger sticking up, a tiny flame lighting the way. I found a small fountain less than an hour later. Carved into the sides of the fountain was the story of the Black Heretic, and how he created the Fold.

I sat down on the edge of the fountain, letting my legs dangle over the side, the heels of my feet brushing up against the face of the Black Heretic. I put my fingers in the water, feeling the cool liquid and spinning my fingers, making tiny ripples turn into various shapes.

I felt a buzz soar through my bones and stopped moving, hearing a twig crack behind me.

"I could have been Druskelle."

"Well then, I would have died an interesting death, wouldn't I?" I replied, not looking up. Kirigan slowly came to stand next to me, his face barely lit by the tiny little lantern he had.

"You knew it was me," He realized, leaning his side against the fountain and facing me. "How?"

"A witch never reveals her secrets," I said sarcastically, and put my hands together, pushing one hand towards the flame, moving my fingers. The lantern grew a little brighter, and I could see his face better.

"I'm sorry they spoke that way about you." Kirigan said, and I rolled my eyes.

"I've grown used to Grisha's abuse." I replied, and felt his stare on me. He was burning with questions, and I just wanted him to ask them so I could shut him down and we could never talk about it again. "Just ask what you want to ask."