1.7

devyn's  POV:
Soaking a cloth in alcohol was not how I expected my evening to go, but my psycho ex couldn't keep his mouth closed. "Dev, I really am sorry, you heard what he was saying" Bronny tried to reason.
"I know, but violence isn't always the answer, what if others hear about this. What if they remove you from the program in fear of you possibly hurting Jordyn?"
"Are you saying i'm a violent person?" Bronny says as he stands up abruptly.
"No don't put words into my mouth. I'm saying that's how other will take it. Bronny, i'm done fighting, not everything is a fight. I'm not against you, unlike before i'm on your side."
"We'll it doesn't feel that way, dev." Bronny leaves the bathroom and hurriedly walks outside slamming the door behind him. I ran outside in hopes of catching up to him and yell "please don't leave while you're angry this is just a misunderstanding."
"Dev, we need a break. We've never gotten along, and we still can't. If we stay like this it'll kill us and we'll go back to
hating each other."
"I DON'T HATE YOU, I never hated you why can't you understand that? You're not a horrible person, you care deeply about the people around you. You're thoughtful, and you're caring. You defended me against a literal loser that hates to see us both happy, can't you see that i'm grateful to have you?" I scream as tears stream down my face. My face feels hot and I feel overwhelmed with emotion as Bronny stares back blankly. My tears don't seem to affect him as he blows out an exasperated sign and just turns back towards his car. He opens the door and I feel my heart break, in a way that never broke before. Even when I broke up with my ex, i've never felt pain this intensely. I couldn't bare to see him leave so as swiftly without tripping over myself I make my way back inside. Before the door could open, a hand clasps around my wrist. "Wait," Bronny says.
"What more do you have to say to really push me anymore away"
"I've been meaning to give you this." Enclosed in his hand was a small jewelry box, which Bronny puts into my hand. I open it up looking at him then back at the box. In the box, was the most beautiful necklace. It had a thing gold chain with a circle pendant with a basketball engraved inside. Bronny twisted around and written on the back was our names. I felt so overwhelmed with emotion I just bawled my eyes out. I've received necklaces before, but this one definitely caught me by surprise. Before I could say anything I practically jumped onto Bronny and hugged him so tight as if I was going to lose him. He circled his arms around me and held me tightly, chuckling at my response. "Thank you, thank you, thank you, you're literally the best" I said.
"I'm sorry babe, I don't know why but it's like i'm always convinced you secretly hate me."
"Well I mean I lowkey did at some point."
"I thought you said you never hated me"
"Ugh, you caught me" I blow out a sign.
Bronny doesn't say a word and just stares deeply into my eyes, almost like he's contemplating saying something. Before I can ask him, he puts me down and says "you were once a stranger, then an acquaintance whom I heavily disliked, and now you're all that occupies my mind. When all I ever thought about was basketball, and my friends and family. But now, it's like I can never get you out of my mind, Dev. What i'm trying to say is, I love you. Or for what I think love feels like, it's this. You and I, that's all that matters baby." I just kissed him, with as much passion as my words would've said. No matter what I said, he needed to physically know how much I loved him in return. That regardless of what we face, all I want is him, only him.