Kiss

Everyone goes upstairs to nap. Well, everyone but Diana. I honestly thought she was upstairs. But I realized that she wasn't when I felt her hands on my neck. I don't even want to look at her right now. I feel tears about you spill over. This whole thing is overstimulating me. Between her telling me what James has done, to him showing up at my house, to me having constant nightmares. I don't have a moment of peace. I even had a nightmare about her last night.

Diana: Quinn?

Me: Yeah? *I say shakily*

Diana walks to the front of me and I turn my head away. Making some of the tears spill out. She puts her hand on my cheek and makes me face her. I close my eyes to try to keep the emotions in. Because I know if I look at her, I will break.

Diana: Look at me. What is wrong.

I know I am more sensitive because I haven't been sleeping these past couple of weeks.

Diana: Atlas.

I ignore her and walk upstairs to our room. I take my shirt off, leaving me in sweats and a sports bra. She comes up behind me and lays her head on my back.

Diana: I need you to talk to me so I can help Quinn. Even if it is to tell me you don't want to talk about it right now. I need something from you.

I turn to her with a couple of tears spilling.

Me: Why wouldn't you let me handle him?

Diana: Who? James?

Me: Yes.

She reaches up to wipe the tears away.

Diana: I hate seeing you this way. I hate seeing you so angry when you see him. I hate seeing you so angry at the world. I know that you can and would handle it for me. But I don't need you to. That isn't what I need from you.

Me: What do you need from me Diana?

Diana: For you to be the loving and caring person you are. To heal your old wounds and to let me help you. I need you to be ok. Because if you are not ok, then I am not ok.

Me: He hurt you.

Diana: I don't care about that.

Me: How? How could you not. When he did what he did Diana. He used the broken parts of your heart to break it even more.

Diana: Yet for the last couple of days, you have been picking up the pieces and putting them together.

Me: No I haven't.

Diana: You may not think you are. But I am telling you Quinn. You are healing me.

Me: I don't see how.

Diana smiles and closes the distance between us, giving me a hug. I rest my head on hers looking her in the eyes. My heart starts racing, and my body starts tingling. What is this feeling? I feel like it is different than before. Like they are intensified. Close the gap. Kiss her Atlas.

Me: Lets nap. I am tired.

Diana: Ok.

She gets in the bed and I lay on top of her. Like a starfish.

Diana: What are you doing crazy.

Me: I just want to be near you.

Diana: Well you have definitely done that.

Me: Sorry. I can move. *I start to move away but she locks her legs around me*

Diana: No. I like you here. You want to know something?