004

— Fatima Cavona Wilson
4:30pm 🕤

"You have a collect call from inmate 2301 , to accept this call press 5." Fatima didn't listen to the rest as she answered the phone.

She was scared but she wasn't going to show it as she waited for the call to go through. "Hello?" She heard his voice.

Her insides screamed, "Hey," she said as she smiled, he probably could tell she was smiling through the phone.

"I thought yo ass wasn't gone answer and shit." Zac laughed as he relaxed against the wall. "Why?

"Ion know man, but what you doing?" He asked her, "Nothing I just left work, now im finna get some chipotle."

"Where you work at?" , "I actually own a clothing store, lavish customs." She explained, "oh shit that's wassup Ms business owner."

She laughed, "It's okay, it's frustrating at times but yea." He nodded even though she couldn't see him.

"How long you been doing that?" He knew she was 27 so. "Just 2 years, after I finished college I moved to ATL and opened it up."

"Did you go to college for business or?" He wanted to keep their conversation flowing. "Nope I actually didn't."

"I did the first 4 years from 18-22 then I moved from Philadelphia to Jackson to study law but the more I did the more I hated it."

"I did that for 3 years then on my 25 birthday I changed my major and went on to get my business degree."

"Did you go to college?" She asked him, she knew he was in jail but she does understand he had a normal life before that.

"I did, I studied psychology but I didn't like it and dropped out after 2 years. Then I got caught up in some bad things so."

"Would you ever like to go back?" He shrugged, "I don't know if that's for me, you know?" Fatima nodded.

"Yea I understand, so what were you doing before you called?" , "Outside, working out." He explained.

"Oh do you work out a lot because I do," , he smiled, "Yep everyday, it's not much to do around here." He laughed as well as her.

"Makes sense, I try to work out as much as possible but not everyday. I have a cheat day almost every day."

"A diet does me no good, to be honest as long as you work out, you don't need one." He said to her. "True."

"Tell me about your life, family, all that." He spoke again then looking at how much time they had left. "Well im an only child."

"I do have a sister like bestfriend, her name is Danni and I love her with all my heart. You'd like her she's hilarious."

"My mom and dad are so annoyingly cute, they've been married since way before I was even born. Their names are Gina and Martin."

"My life is lowkey- you have 1 minute remaining." the voice monitor cut Fatima off. "Ima call yo tomorrow ma."

"Okay, bye." He hung up, she sighed. She hated jail calls, even from when her dad had went for 2 years.

The calls seems like their 5 seconds, she started up her car and pulled off, the whole time she was just sitting in the parking lot.

She pulled up to Chipotle as she got a call from Danni, she answered. "Why you just decline my call hoe?"

"Girl I was on the phone with my man." Fatima joked, "bitch I know you not talking about jailbird."Fatima laughed.

"Yep yep, well he not my man but he my man fr." She explained, Danni rolled her eyes over FaceTime. "Is you at chipotle?"

"Of course, aren't I always?" , "Can you get me my order lovely?" Danni faked her nice voice like always.

Fatima laughed, she pulled to the speaker and ordered for her and Danni. She paid at the next window then got their food at the last.

"Where you at?" She asked Danni, "On my way to your house." Danni said and Fatima nodded. "Same, ima see you. Love you kisses."

"Love you more." Danni hung up.

— ZACHARY TAYLOR . 29
9:30am 🕤

"Bro wea you coming from?" One of Zac's jailmates asked as he saw him re-entering the tv center

"I went to call somebody." He kept it short but the man didn't budge. "Call? Man you gotta tell me bout this? Who?"

Everyone knew Zac had nobody, when he first got there he made it clear. Any time he got into it he always stated how he had nothing to loose.

His first year he was a wild animal, stayed in solitaire or the whole, never got good behavior, couldn't get a job or nothing.

psa : you can have jobs in jail.

"Just a friend." He explained, "Somebody who wrote me and yea." He still kept it short not wanting to disclose all his business.

The man looked at him skeptical but nodded understandingly. "Aight man but if anything happen let me know."

"Goodlooks." Zac replied before going to sit down, he watched tv for some time until they had to go back to their cells.

For the remainder of the day he wrote letters to Fatima about their phone conversations and what more they could talk about.

He also told her more about his life but never about how he ended up in jail. He wanted that to stay sacred for some time.

After doing some letters, and redoing them he finally stopped. He climbed to the top bunk and stared at the ceiling until he fell asleep.